Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Auto extend no longer appears as an option on sports recordings

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 9

The "auto extend" function no longer appears as an option when setting up a sports recording. The "stop" time, which used to default to Auto Extend, no defaults to "On Time," and only gives the option of 30, 60, or 90 minutes late. This was a handy feature--was it killed for some reason?

8 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 9
It's not removed, it's the default.

Note the message under title and time

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
IMG_5018.JPG
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 9

Will the auto extend go as long as the baseball game runs, or is it only 30 minutes from the end of the scheduled ending time?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 4 of 9

It's great that it's finally the default setting, but it's still not perfect.  I had it fail on me three times already since baseball season started.  Luckily it always records the post game show, which allowed me to catch the end of the game.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 9

Nightwolf wrote:

It's great that it's finally the default setting, but it's still not perfect.  I had it fail on me three times already since baseball season started.  Luckily it always records the post game show, which allowed me to catch the end of the game.

Hi,

Would you happen to have a specific example of a gsme that did not exten and the date? 

Thank you,

Gwen

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 6 of 9

Gwen,

could you please answer my question?

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 7 of 9

Yeah, it USED to be the default on my X1, but now it defaults to "On time," and the only other options are 30, 60, or 90 minutes late. The first example that pops up right at the moment would be today's (4/21) SF Giants game: 

MLB Baseball: San Francisco Giants at Colorado Rockies on NBC Sports Bay Area HD. 

But, all future Giants games, and other sporting events display the same option. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 8 of 9

Auto Extend failed me again in last nights Phillies game on CSN.  It recorded an extra 30 minutes, but the game was not over yet when the recording stopped!  I caught the last 15 minutes by watching the post game show.  I've gotten to the point where I now have to manually set THAT to record for an extra hour and a half, just in case they go into extra innings.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 9 of 9

Now that auto extend is no longer an option, the message states that the recording of a sports program will automatically continue until the game ends.  So far, it doesn't seem to work that way.  After missing the ends of several Stanley Cup playoff games, I now set each one to record an extra hour and a half.  This will work in most cases (although I shouldn't have to do it!) but what will happen in the case of multiple overtime periods?