Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Audio cutting out

New Poster

Audio cutting out

Destination America Channel has a constant off /on audio problem on x1. Last 2 days. If you stream the channel on my laptop. It's fine.

Service Expert

Re: Audio cutting out

wc7 wrote:

Destination America Channel has a constant off /on audio problem on x1. Last 2 days. If you stream the channel on my laptop. It's fine.

using TV output speakers or a sound system? Did you try same channel using your TV speakers?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I am having this same exact issue. It's doing it on Destination America and the Music Choice channels. Technicians have been out and have no idea what the cause of this is. For me, it's been happening since July 2nd.

New Poster

Same here.

New Poster

Same problem here, this can't be a coincidence. I have spent hours with tech support in the last two weeks.
Service Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hello everyone: 

using TV output speakers or a sound system? Did you try same channel using your TV speakers?

As Rustyben mentioned, are you seeing these issues via Stereo? Are you using a soundbar or sound sound speakers, etc?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Sound system here. I'd have to do some wire swapping to see if it does it on the tv speakers. Every other channel is fine however, except for DA.

Regular Visitor

Mine is doing it on all our TVs. And one of them has an older set top box, not connected to the X1 platform. Perhaps it is Destination America itself. Odder still, some of the DVR'd programs on that channel will record without the audio issues, while other programs sound horrible. This is also doing this on the Music Choice stations.

New Poster

We have a sound bar but Destination America is the only channel that does it. I love this channel and it is VERY annoying.

New Poster

Anyone find a solution to this? It's been driving me insane. It's only happening on the HD boxes in our house. I've bypassed the receiver in our living room and it's doing the same straight to the TV. Bedroom TV's are direct connected to TV and they studder every few seconds as well. Swap in a Non-HD box and the audio issue is gone! Record a show and playback from the DVR and everything is fine... I'm glad it's not just me. I love this channel but this has been going on for too long. Just to re-cap it is only on HD boxes and USUALLY only Destination America I have had a few others do this but it resolves itself in a day or so so I'm not concerned with those. My preamp is showing the audio signal dropping every 3 seconds on the dot. 

Regular Visitor

I've had techs out and no one can diagnose the problem. All they keep doing is replacing cable lines. They refuse to put an amplifier on, which I've requested numerous times, seeing as our house has five boxes, and three splitters. Comast customer service, oddly enough, always recognizes a signal issue when I'm online with them, but whenever a tech shows up, they look at their little hand-held box and say the signal is fine. 

Comcast has no interest in figuring out the problems. Clearly they're not paying attention to this thread.

I almost wonder if it would not be wiser to switch to FiOS. 

MSause ... where are you located? I'd like to know if this is a local issue.

New Poster

I can say for a fact that I don't have signal strength issues as I used to work for Cablevision and have monitored it for 2 weeks with my monitor. I can see the audio stream just cut out for some unknown reason but ONLY on the HD channel. I am also the only person on the node with a house that is only 2yrs old and no previous issues. I'm also the only person on the whole street with Xfinity. Many neighbors said they switched due to the price but a few had equipment issues. Last time this happened with the Science channel I was told they "saw week signal" I didn't but they sent out a tech and he couldn't see any issues either. Swapped out my box, same issue. I have 2 lines coming into the house so he tried the spare line.. same issue. He even ran a new coax line out my front door to the pole and..... same issue! He said he would let engineering know. A month went by and suddenly the issue went away.

I have to say the Technicians I have delt with have been great but Comcast customer service is HORRIBLE! If there was another gigabit option for me to connect my server I would certainly switch. For what I'm paying I expect my service to work. The internet connection has been fantastic since I installed my own equipment. I had constant issues with their junk.

I also want the Military channel back! As a Veteran having that channel just taken away from me still upsets me especially since it was right before Veteran's Day!

When I called to complain this was the Customer Service Reps response "You have to upgrade to the Sports Package." My answer: We don't watch sports and last time I looked up dodging bullets for your freedom IS NOT A SPORT! I hope you can sit comfortably in your chair asking for more money for something I previously had. Representatives answer: " Well you still need to purchase the sports package being in the Military doesn;t give you special rights" At that point I was about to loose it on this woman for having such nerve buy My response: I want to speak to your manager. Her Response: "She isn't available, sorry" I asked to be called and never received a call! At that point I resolved to never call Customer Service again. I do tell everyone to avoid Comcast and not a single Vet I know still has them after they removed the Military Channel. 

Sorry for the long rant. Issues arise but it's how they are handled that earns you customers. We live on the Bristol Wolcott line. 

Regular Visitor

Well, I scheduled a senior tech to come out and install the amplifier. Probably won't do much, but it's better than having three splitters serving five TVs. I've also ordered new boxes to replace the ones we currently have. Truth of the matter, I think, is that it's the X1 platform with the issue. The thing is loaded with several great features, but it is also infested by gremlins and other bugs that Comcast hasn't bothered to evict. How certain channels act screwy and other work fine is beyond me. And, obviously, it's beyond Comcast, too. What's strange is that Destination America cleared up two days ago. It was working again. Then the techs came out yesterday and threw a new line in from the pole to the house. Now DA is acting up again. Bizarre!

Also, I think the Military Channel simply changed it's name: It's now American Hero's Channel (253 in my area).

Regular Contributor

I just posted the same thing here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Audio-issues-with-Destination-America-HD-ch-77...

When we switch to the non-HD channel of Destination America, the shows do not have the audio breakup.  Strangely, the commercials do.  I noted this in my post above.

Admin1

Rushdp -- Following up on your latest tech visit. Was the tech able to help with your service?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Admin1

MSauce -- Military Channel no longer exists for any provider. The channel was re-branded as American Heros Channel. Here is the article from Discovery about making this re-branding change: https://corporate.discovery.com/discovery-newsroom/discovery-communications-rename-military-channel-... 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Only the audio cuts out randomly on my two HD boxes, all of the regular standard def boxes this never happens on. It’s gotten worse since Comcast insisted we get a new gateway. No special sound system stuff it’s just a glitch and for what we pay it’s unacceptable. Has anyone found a solution?!? About ready to get rid of Comcast entirely.
Service Expert

Jamai wrote:
Only the audio cuts out randomly on my two HD boxes, all of the regular standard def boxes this never happens on. It’s gotten worse since Comcast insisted we get a new gateway. No special sound system stuff it’s just a glitch and for what we pay it’s unacceptable. Has anyone found a solution?!? About ready to get rid of Comcast entirely.

unless you have the rare companion set top box that connects via wifi (Xi5) your gateway/router is not used at all for your set top boxes. you might want to call 800-Comcast and talk to a cable TV representative and ask them to run the Internet Troubleshooting Guide Einstein ITG on all of your set top boxes (and gateway). They can see a lot with that tool and can determine if you have bad signal or noise levels.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I get short cut outs with audio and video. I am going from X1 to Onkyo UHD reciever with HDMI 2.0 to 4K TV HDMI 2.0. Also got to admit the 720P that Xfinity formatted to is horrible. But the glitch may have me throwing the box outside it it don't stop!

Service Expert

Skillet67 wrote:

I get short cut outs with audio and video. I am going from X1 to Onkyo UHD reciever with HDMI 2.0 to 4K TV HDMI 2.0. Also got to admit the 720P that Xfinity formatted to is horrible. But the glitch may have me throwing the box outside it it don't stop!

Did you try changing the resolution of your X1 box?  I know sound is a different issue.  What is the model of your X1 box?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Hi my X1 is XG2V2-P  I have my resolution set to 1080p 60. the screen glitches and goes black for a second or 2. My cables are HDMI 2.0 for highspeed 4k application.

Service Expert

Skillet67 wrote:

Hi my X1 is XG2V2-P  I have my resolution set to 1080p 60. the screen glitches and goes black for a second or 2. My cables are HDMI 2.0 for highspeed 4k application.

FYI, the XG2v2-p does not support 4k.  If you have a 4k TV, you will only get 1080p from Xfinity, unless you are a Netflix 4k subscriber. 

Try the lower resolutions of the XG2 - 1080i and 720p.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I did switch it to 1080i yesterday. No glitching or black screen. Just letting the TV upscale the best it can. Starting to think Apple TV and Youtube TV are the way to go based on resolution. thank you

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 13 in conversation