Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Audio Sync issues on DVR

Regular Visitor

Audio Sync issues on DVR

Hello,

Recently, there is a noticeable sync issue when playing back from DVR.  It hadnt happened in the past but has started in the last month or so.  Its quite noticeable and my only option is a frequent system reset (every 3 days) to fix it.

Is there something else I can do ?

Thank you 

New Poster

Re: Audio Sync issues on DVR

I am having the same problems - all of a sudden all my DVR recorded shows are playing back with an audio sync issue, regardless of the browser, tried turning on/off computer.

Expert

@BSC2 wrote:

I am having the same problems - all of a sudden all my DVR recorded shows are playing back with an audio sync issue, regardless of the browser, tried turning on/off computer.

So your issue is NOT with the X1 system but with your browser/pc?

Frequent Visitor

Same issues here, just started in the last week.  Playing back recordings off the DVR, wildly out of sync.  Unwatchable shows when it kicks in.  The audio is well ahead of the video.  I am using tv audio as well as a wifi headset - issue is device independent, seems to be the transmission itself.  I'm in Denver area if that helps.

Expert

@Chassiskat wrote:

Same issues here, just started in the last week.  Playing back recordings off the DVR, wildly out of sync.  Unwatchable shows when it kicks in.  The audio is well ahead of the video.  I am using tv audio as well as a wifi headset - issue is device independent, seems to be the transmission itself.  I'm in Denver area if that helps.

have you power unplugged that DVR for 30 seconds or so then plugged back in?

Frequent Visitor

Yes and all the usual. I'm an engineer so well past remedy and into diagnosing....
Expert

@Chassiskat wrote:
Yes and all the usual. I'm an engineer so well past remedy and into diagnosing....

try connecting the x1 set top box directly to the TV (if not already) and using the TV speakers. if not in sync, use the TV remote and find the lip-sync menu and adjust to match lips. Recommendation is to use a major network (like news) and adjust as needed. did it work then on the TV speakers?