Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Audio Sync Problems

New Poster

Audio Sync Problems

I've had Comcast Triple Play for years, last year I opted to upgrade to the X1 with DVR option for my HD TVs. Everything was fine until about a month ago when I started noticing the audio/video sync was off. Tried using the TV's options to no avail, tried rebooting boxes, router, had a "bullet" sent... still out of sync. Even tried swapping out one of the HD boxes... NADA.  Not happening on Netflix or Amazon streams... it's strictly on my cable channels. Reading all the horror stories here with no definitive fix.

One other problem, a real puzzler... every morning we'll be watching the news at breakfast around 7:30 to 8:00 and the show dissapears and the screen goes black, with a line on the bottom like it was a DVR recording, maybe a pause... with a mark at the time and yes, the time is noted, never quite the same, but in the same general time period. Within 10 seconds the live broadcast reappears and continues. Anyone ever see this? This is on a 1 year old Samsung UHD set. We have a bigger Samsung in the family room that's maybe 10 months old, it never seems to happen on that set.

Official Employee

Re: Audio Sync Problems

Hello BlueBeast, I can assist you with getting your audio synced with your video and we can also look into your news channel going black as well. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get started.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Were you able to fix the audio sync problems for this person? if so please let me know how you did it. I have a LG 4K OLED tv with the sound going to my LG soundbar via HDMI ARC, and the audio is clearly off from my Xfinity box. I just upgraded to a 4K box from Xfinity and still having the same issues. if you could help me out with this that would be great!

Service Expert

@Nate3323 wrote:

Were you able to fix the audio sync problems for this person? if so please let me know how you did it. I have a LG 4K OLED tv with the sound going to my LG soundbar via HDMI ARC, and the audio is clearly off from my Xfinity box. I just upgraded to a 4K box from Xfinity and still having the same issues. if you could help me out with this that would be great!

To perform normal lip-sync use your TV's remote and menu to locate the lip sync audio adjustment. processing of audio sync is a normal adjustment of the TV.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation