Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

AX014ANM 4k DVR Issues

New Poster

AX014ANM 4k DVR Issues

I added the 4k DVR to my service about 3 weeks ago.  It is continously freezing.  When it does that it either reboots it self or I have to do it manually.  I had 2 tech visits.  The first one said it was on the wrong outlet and moved it to the correct outlet.  (Outlet .  I have another X1 DVR (AX013ANM) on the primary outlet.  This did not fix the issue so I had another tech visit.  That tech put a MOCa filter on the new dvr which seemed to help at that time.  It also stopped the new dvr from causing the other tv's to go offline (which was part of the oriignal issue).  He also mentioned to me that our neigborhood had a signal issue because of BGE ( our local utility).  He said it had been reported to BGE about a month ago but it had not been fixed yet.  All of my services worked great until I added the new dvr.  It took the place of an XG2.  Luckily I have a ROKU on that TV also, so when the DVR goes out I watch on the Xfinity app on the roku.  I will probably call for another tech visit but would welcome any ideas on how to address it.   

Official Employee

Re: AX014ANM 4k DVR Issues

The moca filter will only keep you from accessing the other dvr’s recording and vice versa. I think you need a third opinion.

Edit: If you swap locations of the 2 dvr’s, does the freezing follow the dvr?
If there was anything with signal issues, it would affect all equipment not just the one dvr.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: AX014ANM 4k DVR Issues

Won't solve any signal issues but that is the wrong location for the MOCA filter. It needs to be installed at the point where cable signal enters your home.
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation