Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

4k prices

New Poster

4k prices

Does comcast charge xtra for 4k? I already have an x1 box.

Official Employee

Re: 4k prices

The only thing you need to pay extra for (if you want any 4K content) is a 4K Netflix subscription. Your present box would also need to be the 4K dvr
Problem Solver

@vaderkod wrote:

Does comcast charge xtra for 4k? I already have an x1 box.

Plenty !

They had more before and around the Rio Olympics in 2016, and we only needed a Samsung UHD television, a Comcast HD cable-box, and High-speed Internet from anyone. I was paying around $80. a month from Comcast then. Using the "Ultra HD Sampler" app was included in the current rates. I watched everything they ever put on the app. I could leave the cable-box turned off.

Now; the only 4K is left-over Winter Olympic events from Comcast. To watch this you need: Comcast X1 box, 4K DVR, and Comcast High-speed Interent. They dropped the "Ultra HD Sampler" right before the Olympics. It would have worked better than the current system, but without all the "bells and whistles". Watching Netflix in 4K using your tv's app is better.

Official Employee

When you say “Plenty” to the OP’s questions please quantify your answer of how Comcast charges extra for 4K content... the OP, already would have service, to get the X1 platform other than 4K Netflix subscription there’s no additional cost. Maybe for you because you have old legacy equipment.

FYI there’s no internet speed minimum to use X1 boxes, how they work has nothing to do with level of internet service
Problem Solver

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
When you say “Plenty” to the OP’s questions please quantify your answer of how Comcast charges extra for 4K content... the OP, already would have service, to get the X1 platform other than 4K Netflix subscription there’s no additional cost. Maybe for you because you have old legacy equipment.

FYI there’s no internet speed minimum to use X1 boxes, how they work has nothing to do with level of internet service

Thank you for reminding me, Andrew. You never came back with the total costs for the items I mentioned in a post about a month ago. The printed price list which is the pricing after special offers is lacking.in needed information.

Expert

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

Thank you for reminding me, Andrew. You never came back with the total costs for the items I mentioned in a post about a month ago. The printed price list which is the pricing after special offers is lacking.in needed information.

You will probably get a better answer posting in the Billing forum.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/bd-p/AccMngt_Bill

Official Employee

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Real-cost-of-getting-4K-from-Comcast/m-p/3060841#M13752

2 different OE’s tried to help you and you didn’t want to move forward. I have nothing to do with or have access to billing information. I’m on the tech side