Community Forum

4k broadcasting

Regular Visitor

4k broadcasting

when will comcast x1 start broadcasting 4k

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: 4k broadcasting

Presently, nothing has been announced yet.

All Replies
Official Employee

Presently, nothing has been announced yet.
Expert

@terrpat wrote:

The sources (ABC, NBC, etc) have to start providing 4k first.

Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

@terrpat wrote:

True. but may still be a long way off for  "Over the air" because of cost. It looks like many networks are moving to apps for sending signals over the Internet on high speed broadband. CBS looks like they have little interest in dealing with Comcast and want people to pay them directly for using their app.

There are now plenty of shows and movies being produced in 4K by IPV companies. Currently Comcast is using Netflix with their best success so far.

Their biggest problem is that people like myself can get excellent UHD signals from all these new sources without the need of Comcast.

Expert

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@terrpat wrote:

True. but may still be a long way off for  "Over the air" because of cost. It looks like many networks are moving to apps for sending signals over the Internet on high speed broadband. CBS looks like they have little interest in dealing with Comcast and want people to pay them directly for using their app.

There are now plenty of shows and movies being produced in 4K by IPV companies. Currently Comcast is using Netflix with their best success so far.

Their biggest problem is that people like myself can get excellent UHD signals from all these new sources without the need of Comcast.

True.  (I over-simplified)