Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

4K Boxes recalled?

Regular Visitor

4K Boxes recalled?

I had an appointment this morning with Comcast to install a new 4K box. I was told by the tech that as of Tuesday 11/7/17 that all the 4K boxes had been recalled and he could not install the 4K box for me.So typical of Comcast ....

From my understanding these boxes have been out for months...What is going on Comcast???

Gold Problem Solver

Re: 4K Boxes recalled?

I have a 4K box. Heard nothing about a recall. You will find that the Comcast employees participating in this forum rarely if ever use the word "recall".

That being said I have noticed that there is a very noteworthy problem with the XG1V4 4K DVR.
Problem Solver

Rick:

What is the noteworthy problem you had heard of?

Gold Problem Solver

Unfortunately the IR receiving performance of the XG1V4 is very poor. IR remotes must be aimed directly at the box in order to work.

Personally I think there is something wrong with sensitivity of the IR sensor. It could be where the sensor itself is located.

I plan to spend more time with it this weekend.
Frequent Visitor

Comcast tech coming to install equipment in about 30 minutes. Is Comcast now giving out 4k dvr? Or are they recalled?  Are there still problems with the 4k?

Official Employee

Unless it's something local in that market, there's no recall and there's never been problems with 4K. Ask your tech if they have one or if available in your market yet.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

This is great!!!  Thank you for your quick response. 

Regular Visitor

Not sure why the tech told me that the 4K box was recalled - He even flashed an email he had received. He said "I will put in on your TV if you want it to blow up!" Very smug tech who also said I don't know why you want 4K there isn't even much to watch on Netflix when I told him I wanted the 4K version of the box for the Netflix content.

I was unhappy as the techs also arrived late and then to tell me that, I called Comcast and advised what the tech told me they researched and found NOTHING regarding a recall. As limited as those boxes are I am sure the tech was saving the last 4K box he had for someone else. What a tool he was. Anyways Comcast told me they would ship out a 4K box to me and even went as far as reimbursing the $15 shipping fee to appease me. I would have rather had the tech fired for lying to me.

Official Employee

Sorry for what you went through. Is it possible he was referring to an Xi5 box and not a DVR?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

No I asked the tech if he specifically had the XG1v4 DVR box and was told by him that it was recalled. Not sure what his deal was.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation