members

online now

discussions

4/18/17: X1 Error Messages

ANSWERED
Official Employee

4/18/17: X1 Error Messages

4/18 1:53 PM ET Update: 

At this time, most customers should be able to access X1. If you are still having an issue please let us know.

************************************************************************************************************************************

We are aware of an issue with some cable boxes that our engineers are working to correct. 

If your cable box is not working properly, please reset it by unplugging the power cord at the back of the cable box, wait 20 seconds and then plug the power cord back in. Allow some time for the cable box to fully reload the content and guide information. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you are still experiencing issues after you have reset the cable box, please let us know below.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Accepted Solution

Re: 4/18/17: X1 Error Messages

At this time, most customers should be able to access X1.

Please letus know if you are still experiencing this issue. 

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: Why is X1 unavailable every morning

X1 service is unavailable every morning between 03:00 & 04:00. Today included it's now 04: 30 still down. Tried chatting with customer service , that service is down also. Getting worse instead of better.

New Poster

Somethings not quite right

There is a red /black screen that came on when I turned my tv on. It says thats somethings not quite right. This may be temporary so please try again in a few minutes. If you're still having trouble please try the following, ensure cable connections are tightly secured, unplug set-top box from electrical outlet, wait 10 seconds then plug back in to restart. Rdk-03030. I have checked everything n restarted twice with no luck.
New Poster

X1 Platform

We switched to the new X1 and have had nothing but problems with it since.

Every night it has to do an update. 2 days ago one TV had just a red screen stating there was a probem and to unplug the box wait 10 seconds and plug back in. Of course that fix didn't work so called it in after a few trys it was finally working correctly.   Now this morning it's just frozen. Pretty much done with Xfinity1 Platform. Nothing but a Headche since we switched to it.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Somethings not quite right

Same exact problem going on in the Orange Park, FL area.  Rebooting the box didn't do anything to help.

Regular Visitor

I have error code RDK-03031. Rebooting the boxes doesn't help. I'm in Chambersburg,Pa

New Poster

Same thing is happening in Dothan, Al. Looks like the whole system crashed.

Frequent Visitor

lol..  72 minutes until the next available chat agent can assist you Cat LOL

I'm guessing many people are having this same issue.

Highlighted
New Poster

Error code

RDX1000. I've checked all connections and still no tv
New Poster

Same BS here in Loveland, CO near Fort Collins, CO.

New Poster

same in  Champaign. ilillinois

Regular Visitor

Cable TV is live now here in Pa

Contributor

Same issue in East Bay Area, CA
New Poster

still not connected to "entertainment experience"

done all the recommended plugs and unplugs and links - still not connected to "entertainment experience" .

New Poster

Atlanta GA, checking in with rdk-03030 error, too

New Poster

Re: still not connected to "entertainment experience"

Mine too. If you sit long enough it will pop a rdk-03030 error. The top post in this forum seems to show that this is a national-issue at the moment

Frequent Visitor

The error message went away and the signal came back on in the Orange Park, FL area.  Just wait it out..

Regular Contributor

I woke up to the same issue.  Out of my 5 boxes, only the main DVR worked.  I have 2 mini dvrs that after 2 unplugs finally worked.

But I unplugged the 2 XID boxes multiple times with no success.  But an hour later they were working.  Highland Park, Il.

New Poster

Same problem in Naples Florida for at least 2.5 hours  RDK03031

Contributor

I'm so glad I came here to read about this issue!! I thought it was just my system. We've been having almost endless issues for months and I woke this morning to not having a signal on our main set. I did all the things you are told to do - reboot, etc. Nothing worked. I went to support and learned it will be nearly two hours before anyone responds...so I came over here and okay-doky --- it appears a system wide problem. GOOD OLE COMCAST! I wonder what excuse they will use this time?? Anyone think they will even say "We're sorry, and here's what we'll do to make this up to our many customers who lost service for hours/days?" Yeah...I won't hold my breath. 

New Poster

Hello

We have been getting that error since 5am in New Haven County in CT.  My husband tried multiple times to unplug and reconnect as suggested without any success.  I called to try and have my box reset but wasn't given that option.  I am recovering from surgery and cannot get on my hands and knees to play with the cable box.  I cannot access my DVR or anything.  Please fix this.  It's going on 3.5 hours that we know about.

Thank you.

New Poster

I have unplugged 2x so far and still have the "Something's not quite right" !!! Was told 8:08 AM and still a problem

Contributor

As so many others have, our service has been out since 5am. I have been on hold with service since 6:30am - it is now 9am EST. From some simple web surfing, I've learned thousands of Comcast users are in a similar situation. And now, you want us to post here?! Yeah, like that's going to make a difference. Comcast cannot respond to customers on their phone line, chat line, through social media, but posting here will receive a response and help. Telling customers to reboot their systems is really helpful since the great majority of users have probably already done this at least several times. Does anyone at Comcast even listen? Does anyone at Comcast even care? 

I'm so tired of the excuses. Tired of the ads showing some make-believe Comcast tech saying "I like working for a company that puts customers first" while, in real life, the Company continues to treat customers as nuisance. 

New Poster

ComcastJoe wrote:

We are aware of an issue with some cable boxes that our engineers are working to correct.

If your cable box is not working properly, please reset it by unplugging the power cord at the back of the cable box, wait 20 seconds and then plug the power cord back in. Allow some time for the cable box to fully reload the content and guide information. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you are still experiencing issues after you have reset the cable box, please let us know below.

Same issue here!

New Poster

This didn't work. Phone and Internet out also. Account status shows outage. Call center instantly gave outage message. Central Illinois
Regular Contributor

somethings not quite right

Once you get this screen, can the live signal come back on it's own, or do you absolutely have to unplug the box

to get it working again?

New Poster

Sometimes my X1 box resets in the middle of a show(today 4/18/2017).  This has happened before.  On numerous occasions over the past year we have turned the TV on in the morning only to have a message and blank screen.  After reseting by unplugging it worked.  This is  Comcast at its best.  Looks like I will be going back to Direct TV.  Too bad.

Regular Contributor

Woke up this morning and the Companion box had a  rdk-03030 error.  Unplugged for 10 secs,  TV came back. But the box has restarted itself twice in the last 30 minutes.

The main DVR is working fine.

New Poster

Just came back up in South Eastern Ct. 

Contributor

To anyone else affected by this latest outage: I just spoke with a Comcast technician who informed me they are doing routine maintenance on the system. [I am unable to say whether this maintenance affects all areas or just locally -- we are north of Boston, MA) This was scheduled at least a month ago and is "routine." They hope to have the system back operating by 10am EST. He was unable to explain why, if the Company planned the outage, they could not inform customers prior to instituting the outage or why they have not posted this online anywhere. He did say Comcast plans other maintenance activity over the coming months and these may also result in outages in some areas. I would suggest Comcast at least post planned outages prior to the occurrance and allow customers to plan around these outages. Then again...perhaps not. 

New Poster

I am still having issues. TV's not working on the main X1 DVR box. 

Administrator
Administrator

At this time, most customers should be able to access X1.

Please letus know if you are still experiencing this issue. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Administrator
Administrator

@mb241,

Are you still experiencing an issue? If so, are you getting an error message, blank screen, "snow"? Did you try the reboot of your device as mentioned in the main post? Please let us know what you are experiencing specifically or post screenshots, this information will help us to identify the issue. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Unplugged twice and waited. Light no longer on, but was on befire i unplugged it.
Administrator
Administrator

@Swro

Are you getting an error message, blank screen, "snow"? Please let us know what you are experiencing specifically or post screenshots, this information will help us to identify the issue and work to resolve it quickly.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I cannot even select the hdmi input. Box has the blue light a few minutes after i unplug it.
Administrator
Administrator

@Swro,

What are you seeing on your TV screen? And can you switch the imput using the actual television remote?

After it has been fully reset, the box should have a blue light on.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

It is now working. Thank you. What is Comcast plan for reimbursing customers?
Administrator
Administrator

@Swro,

Credits are calculated based on length of service interruption and services interrupted. Based on your account and what you pay, we are happy to provide you with a $5.00 courtesy credit. If you would like to know how exactly this was calculated, please see your private messages. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I've called, I tried to chat (but that service seems to be unavailable) so now I'm posting to the forum.  I've unplugged, waited 30 seconds, plugged it in, it reboots, works for awhile then shuts down again even though you claim the issue is resolved.  It isn't.

Administrator
Administrator

@joaniej,

It sounds like the issue you are experiencing is different than the known issue discussed in this thread. The issue that this thread was made about was a specific error message that our X1 customers were seeing, that was not allowing them to watch TV.

The health of your television box looks great. If you want I can send some signals to your box to get the cutting out issue to cease. I will also recommend that you check all your connections (from the wall to the box, box to the TV, etc.). The type of issue you are experiencing sounds like a loose connection issue. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

I had an error message on my TV screen stating that something was not quite right.  There was an error code, but I didn't write it down.  I power cycled my X1 box and the blue light started to flash for quite a while.  Then The blue light went solid.  I no longer have an error message, but just a black screen on my TV.  I power cycled the box again.  Still doesn't work.  I called Xfinity Tech Support and they reset my X1 box.  Still doesn't work.  I am thinking the box needs to be replaced.  Not sure what happened to the box to cause it to stop working.  I have checked all connections and everything is still connected. 

Service Expert

tamtam33 wrote:

I had an error message on my TV screen stating that something was not quite right.  There was an error code, but I didn't write it down.  I power cycled my X1 box and the blue light started to flash for quite a while.  Then The blue light went solid.  I no longer have an error message, but just a black screen on my TV.  I power cycled the box again.  Still doesn't work.  I called Xfinity Tech Support and they reset my X1 box.  Still doesn't work.  I am thinking the box needs to be replaced.  Not sure what happened to the box to cause it to stop working.  I have checked all connections and everything is still connected. 

when you boot the box it goes through several steps of increasing level of resolution. Do you see the screen messages during a power reboot of the X1 set top box (viewed on the TV screen)?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

No. This does not resolve the problem. At least they should compensate there customers. I would much rather have my tv. The system stinks lately.
New Poster

Is there still a widespread problem?
I usually have to reboot my main X1 box once daily, but then we are usually ok for the day.

Today I am on my third reboot..works for a little and then goes first to xre-00021, I hit exit or ok and then it goes to rdk-03033.

Thought I would ask before calling for another tech appt.
New Poster

I'm still having regular X1 connection issues, also random internet outages. I've tried all troubleshooting steps. This is consistent in the evening, at least a few nights a week.
Gold Problem Solver

Joev9,

If you are having problems with both cable TV service and internet service, that means there is a physical problem with your connection to the Comcast network. You won't fix this by calling Comcast or chatting in forums. You need to have Comcast send a tech out to investigate your signal problems. The problem could be within your house, the lines in your yard or something else blocks down the street from your house.

Joev9 wrote:
I'm still having regular X1 connection issues, also random internet outages. I've tried all troubleshooting steps. This is consistent in the evening, at least a few nights a week.