Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Frequent Visitor

30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Hello! I had programmed my XR11 remote to skip 30 seconds with the Page up button and it suddenly stopped working. I am doing the same program of hitting EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 and that doesn't seem to be working! Any help would be much appreciated. Skipping 5 minutes is completely useless!  

 

Thanks, 

Lauren

Gold Problem Solver

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Unplug and reboot your X1 box.
New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Ihad the same problem.  Here's what fixed it, doesn't sould logical , but it worked first time. 

1. Turn TV OFF

2. Press EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 EXIT

3. Turn TV back on and try it.

 

Expert

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working


ecicci wrote:

Ihad the same problem.  Here's what fixed it, doesn't sould logical , but it worked first time. 

1. Turn TV OFF

2. Press EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 EXIT

3. Turn TV back on and try it.


no need to turn TV off/on. The reboot will fix it (probably a new firmware install issue that rebooting fixes).

New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working


@Lothlaurien wrote:

Hello! I had programmed my XR11 remote to skip 30 seconds with the Page up button and it suddenly stopped working. I am doing the same program of hitting EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 and that doesn't seem to be working! Any help would be much appreciated. Skipping 5 minutes is completely useless!  

 

Thanks, 

Lauren


Hit EXIT EXIT EXIT 0500 followed by EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030  This appears to work without a system reset.

New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

yes that worked yesterday i unprogramed the 30 sec skip and today the codes do not work 

 

Expert

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working


@glennsimonds wrote:

yes that worked yesterday i unprogramed the 30 sec skip and today the codes do not work 


unplug the AC power plug to the set top box and after 30 seconds plug back in. working now?

Valued Contributor

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Unplugging the STB for 30 seconds worked here, using the codes did not.  Way to go Comcast, nice job screwing up something useful once again.

New Poster

Re: 30 second skip on XR11 Remote stopped working

Had this problem today and your trick worked. Thanks!

Tags (1)