Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

unable to view cameras on my laptop

New Poster

unable to view cameras on my laptop

I just got my 3 cameras installed this weekend. I'm able to view all 3 cameras on my Samsung Galaxy S4, however; when I log into the Portal on my laptop it tells me "The system is unable to establish camera connections. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, ensure the camera is within range." The cameras are in range. I really need these features to be working on my laptop. This is the whole reason why I got this service, to be able to log in and see what's going on in my house. Your assistance is very appreciated. I have your router combo modem. I've rebooted the touch screen and modem combo router. What else do I need to do to have this fixed?

Problem Solver

Re: unable to view cameras on my laptop

Hvae you tried unplugging (from power) and then plugging back in the cameras (or a camera) to essentially reboot them and see if that might change anything?

New Poster

I've had this service for almost a year.  The tech reps in india don't know what they're talking about.  You can't view the cameras if you are using the same wireless network.  Also, if there is a power interupption you will have to manually depower each camera to get it to reset.  It's a great feature for a security system as long as you never leave home.

New Poster

It's funny how you say it but I totally agree with you. I've had the security system for a little over a year. I decided to upgrade it and get the cameras. Its been a week since i i got the uograde. Never once have i been abke to view on any computer the cameras. I am able to view the cameras on my SAMSUNG Galaxy S4 but only if i'm connected to a "good wifi" signal otherwise I can't see whats going on. And like you said you basicslly have to be in your home to be able to see the cameras functioning well. This is terrible!
Problem Solver

nmscast wrote:
It's funny how you say it but I totally agree with you. I've had the security system for a little over a year. I decided to upgrade it and get the cameras. Its been a week since i i got the uograde. Never once have i been abke to view on any computer the cameras. I am able to view the cameras on my SAMSUNG Galaxy S4 but only if i'm connected to a "good wifi" signal otherwise I can't see whats going on. And like you said you basicslly have to be in your home to be able to see the cameras functioning well. This is terrible!

How do you have the modem, security system router, and any othe router set up--as in which one is connected to what?

New Poster

The tech did the connections. The cameras are connected to the router for the alarm and then that is connected to the dual modem/router.
New Poster

Had sys for over a year and initially could view cams anywhere...en changed to modem w gateway and there was a conflict at would not transmit over the Internet...then they fixed that and you could view again over the Internet...at least this situation made sense... Now I have supposedly the best Comcast modem...and I was able to see anywhere and on any device for all of maybe 2 weeks... Now I can only see over the touch screen or on iPad and iPhone apps if I'm connected to wifi in my house....but the minute I'm connecting over eider AT&T 4g or Verizon 4 Lte... Everything sticks on calculating route... Then checking thru portal...I can see one of six cameras and the rest are just dead...so now none of this makes sense and the local support is so poor I don't even bother scheduling anymore....and don't wanna have a stroke navigating the phone menu system to talk to mostly people who don't have a clue what they are talking about...I even had one tell me to entirely reset my modem....(as in take the MAC address off the network). This is very frustrating...maybe Larry Comcast can tell us where to go for help ....
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation