members

online now

discussions

Suddenly unable to login to www.xfinity.com/xhportal

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 24

All of a sudden I cannot login to the web portal.  I am absolutely sure that I have correct username and password.  What is going on comcast?   I have tried all browsers and several computer systems from several different network locations.  

Chrome, Firefox, and IE11 all give the following error message:

Warning: Page has Expired.  Please go back to the page you came from and try again.  Error reference: PXE98EGP

This happens even after I clear my web page cache and clear all history, cookies, etc.

Please help!  My family was counting on this system to monitor my grandmother who has alzheimers.  The cameras, door sensors, and thermostat, were all very useful.  But now nothing is working and Comcast can provide no explanation of what is happening or how long I may have to wait to get my service restored.  

23 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2 of 24

I am having the same problem and cannot login to the portal or the app.  I tried calling tech support and was on hold for fifteen minutes and then was disconnected. Any solutions?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 24

I had the same problem with phone support when I tried 4 times to call tech support.  I get put on hold for 10 to 15 minutes then comcast hangs up on me.   Then I tried their online chat via their website.  I did get to communicate with someone using chat (maybe it was just a computer; I cannot be sure).  But whatever it was told me that there was a systemwide outage and that there was nothing that could be done except wait.  I was told that the problem would definitely be fixed and many apologies were given for my inconvenience.  I was also told that my problem was escalated and given an escalation number of SI011548916, for whatever that is worth.  

Now when I try to login I also sometimes get this message

We had a problem logging you in. Please try again.

Meanwhile my family and I have no remote access to our home and my grandmother.  A system like this needs to be foolproof with multiple redundancies, 100% reliability, and a team of competent engineers keeping it online 24/7, just like a life support system.  It should never just go offline and leave their customers with no remote access to their security system.  If the internet is up,then the web portal should be accessible.  At least that is what I expect, and that is what I paid for, and that is what comcast promised in their contract.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 24

I'm having the same problem as well.  The website doesn't work, when I go to the main account page all my services say connected except home says unavailable.

My camera isn't working either.  Awesome job Comcast.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 24

TobyNorris, FrankRossi, adele822 -

We're currently experiencing an issue that is affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.  Our engineers are actively working on restoring full App & Portal functionality.  I am adding your names and accounts to a ticket to confirm your issues are resolved once we've issued a fix.

Thanks, 

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 6 of 24

Please add my info as well.  Thank you.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 24

Hi joey12volt -

I am working through all the posts & adding all names and accounts.  I will provide you with updates as they are available.  

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 8 of 24

I am having the same issues!  It is freezing in my house and I can't put the heat on!  I have been transferred 2 times because Comcast keeps sending me to the wrong department.  I have now been on hold 34 minutes and counting!  I have a small dog at home that is freezing and I had to leave for work.  It is 42 degrees here.  I was unable to change the thermostat on the wall to heat as well.  This is ridiculous that I cannot override a computer gliches by clicking a button.  Thanks Comcast...NOT!!!!

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 9 of 24

Please add me as well.  How can I overrride this computer gliche so that I can turn the heat on in my home???

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 24

I gave up on calling when the system hung up on me.  Then randomly, an hour later, someone called me back only to transfer me to a different department which again hung up.

Please just put a credit on my account when this is fixed so I don't have to deal with the phone system again.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 11 of 24

If you're not in your home, I don't think there is a way.. If you can get to your touchscreen you can adjust it from there, but either the physical thermostat or the touchscreen during the outage.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 12 of 24

Please add me to the list.  I have to say that after spending almost an hour on the phone last night with comcast, which included 3 disconnected calls, 5 transfers, and the rudest customer service person I have ever experienced, I am considering dumping this service before my first 30 days expire.  The women I ended up talking to said "it's cause it's updating".  Comcast should at least be sending emails to effected customers letting them know about system problems, along with updates as to when service will be restored, and they should have a message posted on their home page.  Also, they should inform their customer service team of the issue, so they aren't all completely clueless and unhelpful.  To say the least...  It's become very apparent to me that this service is not worth the money and is totally unreliable.  For as much as it costs, they should at least have a team working 24/7 to fix issues immediatly. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 13 of 24

This needs to be fixed. I can't  control my heat for my animals. It is critical that this is fixed. There is no backup. 20 hours now. Fix it. You may be held responsible  if my birds get sick because you never sent out notice of your major upgrade.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 14 of 24

I too have a small animal at home and cannot control the heat or even turn it on!  It is 42 degrees outside!  It is absolutely ridiculous that I can't override manually on the thermostat.  I am supposed to have emergency service but have not heard from anyone yet.  First available time is Friday at 8 am.  Unacceptable!  No postings, no nothing!  I spent 55 minutes on hold this morning and that person didn't even say it was because of a major upgrade.  You should NOTIFY people before doing any of that and keep us informed if nothing else, on your website!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 24

Is it okay that on my bill due date I will be performing a system wide upgrade on my home network and Comcast will have to wait for my payment?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 24

Finally can get in to my Xfinity Home account and still am unable to manage my thermostat.  It says "multiple troubles".  The person at Comcast doesn't know how to manually override the system, so I have to speak to tech support.  Here we go again.  Waiting 15 minutes and counting.....  I JUST NEED HEAT!!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 17 of 24

Ok.  I have been without remote access to my xfinity home security system for more than 24 hours.  I have wasted several hours of my own time rebooting the touchscreen and verifying network connections.  The touch screen works fine and all the cameras and sensors are paired and transmitting data to the touch screen.  However, the comcast web portal is defective and inoperable, and there is nothing I can do except endure more pain and worry comcast.  How long can a website be down?  Where are the competent comcast engineers who know how to design and operate website servers?   Does comcast expect me to fix the system myself?  Is comcast support "self service" once their website crashes and leaves millions of customers without service for days.  

I am still waiting and begging for help from comcast.  Home automation from any web browser is what comcast has advertised, and that is what I paid them over $1000 for.  Where is the comcast manager who understands what false advertising means and who understands how to create happy loyal customers?  Most of all where is the honesty and honor in comcast?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 18 of 24

Thanks for all you are doing.  I still have no access to my remote cameras, but I can now finally log into the website.  It does show that there are some events for today, but nothing coming from the cameras.  When I reboot the touch screen, it makes no difference.  The wi-fi connection is strong and all the cameras are working.  But nothing can be seen from your web portal (old and new).  For a few seconds I did see the cameras.  But when I logged in again from a different computer the cameras were gone, and now they are gone no matter what I do.  This is so frustrating!!

Please let me know what I should do next?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 19 of 24

Put me on the list too.  This morning my touch pad was having problems and it was a network issue.  I haven't been able to log into the app, then I can, then I get an error again, couldn't log in online, then I can, but the camera won't work, then I can't log in again.  It's telling me incorrect information whenever the app does load....I've only had this system for 2 days, and so far I'm not happy with it.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 20 of 24

Comcast please send your customers an email and/or text message once you are having outages with the security system.  I was on the phone for two hours last night and could not get through.  I gave up and went to sleep and called in the morning and it took an hour and a half to speak to someone.  Security systems need to always work and my experience with Comcast has seen many problems and outages over the past year.  I am disappointed to say the least.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 21 of 24

I have been unable to log in to my system remotely as well.  This is getting annoying...

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 22 of 24

Hi all - 

I apologize for the frustration that this has caused.  We’ve been able to restore service. If you’re still experiencing issues, please PM me, but we expect that users will regain functionality. We’re continuing to work the issue and will post an update if we encounter additional service interruptions. 

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 23 of 24
Solution

Hi TobyNorris - 

To avoid the PXE98EGP Page Expired Error, please use the following URL to access the Subscriber Portal: https://home.xfinity.com/

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 24 of 24

Hi, I'm hoping someone at Comcast will reply. I'm having the same kinds of problems mentioned on this thread, and the same frustrating lack of adequate response from comcast. The only useful thing on this system is being able to set the alarm, nothing else.