Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Recent Camera Issues on Subscriber Portal.

Official Employee

Recent Camera Issues on Subscriber Portal.

Some customers have recently experienced camera issues while using the Xfinity Home Subscriber Portal.  Today we released a number of updates that greatly improve camera stability and should address many of these issues.  

If you have experienced camera issues on the new Subscriber Portal before 9/10, please try again & provide us with any feedback here.  We are monitoring these forums daily to continue to improve camera functionality.

Thank you for your patience and we are sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Recent Camera Issues on Subscriber Portal.

Not only have the camera's bugged out, the system resets itself anytime and the alarm goes off as though I have just completed an away process in Alarming my key pad.

I really need this security.

Being stalked by two people and stolen from every home I live in.

I am not sure if Comcast is up to this challenge.  I am giving them a third chance.  I hope I am not wrong.

Theives are driving me to poverty and my grave.

New Poster

The only reason we got the Xfinity Home security was because we already had the triple play. But since I can NEVER see all 4 cameras and many times cannot access through my Android phone app, we are going back to our original security provider.

New Poster

Camera ceases to function correctly via Xfinity Web Portal.  Also experiencing intermittant connectivity via mobile app as well.  Disconcerning to know that should an event require camera access, it may not be available.  

New Poster

Since the update to the website, I cannot longer see anything on the camera. It just sits there and "buffers". I have to revert back to the old site in order to get it to work.

Might want to get that fixed. I am useing FireFox version 41 and Chrome version 45. Does not work on either browser. It does however work on my iPhone app.

Official Employee

Hi blondie603 - 

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with cameras on the new subscriber portal.  To help troubleshoot, can you answer the following questions.  Are you experiencing this issue on all networks or just your home network?  Also, are you seeing a message near the bottom of the page that reads: "We're having some trouble updating your activities right now. To manually update, please use your browser to refresh."

Here's a screenshot of the message: 

screen_shot_2015-10-08_at_11.07.30_am_1024.png

Thanks, 

Rachel

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I have been experiencing an ongoing problem obtaining the live feed from one of my cameras on the web portal ever since the system was installed end of August. It works fine on the tablet and on my phone app, but I can never get more than the preview image when using the web portal. The other cameras work fine. 

Official Employee

Hi snowbi-wan - 

I'm sorry you've been experiencing issues with your camera.  To help us troubleshoot, can you please answer the following questions?  Which camera are you experiencing the issue with?  (I see 3 on your account.)  Can you see this camera on your touchscreen?  Have you tried rebooting your touchscreen & resetting the camera (unplugging the camera, hitting the reset button & then plugging it back in)?

Thanks!

Rachel

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

It is my Garage View camera. It displays live feed fine on my touchscreen and phone app, but never works on the web portal. The other two cameras display fine no matter what I view them on.

I have not tried unplugging or resetting the camera. I would not think that's the issue since it displays fine elsewhere.

New Poster

No, it just sits here like this and never finishes "buffering".

comcast.jpg
New Poster

My touch screen has been rebooted 5 times.

My touch screen has contact with the cameras

My exfinity home security account which I was not able to log into yesterday, I am now able to log into, but it has lost contact with the 4 cameras.

My cell phone app, which is most important, I cannot log in to.  I could not log in yesterday either and called your tech support.  Your tech support said all should be resolved last night.  As of this morning, it is not.

Unfortunately, I do not have time to call your tech support this morning.  I sincerely hope nothing happens.

New Poster

I can log in to home security via my desktop, but cannot set my system from the desktop.  It does not connect.  As I said before, I rebooted 5 times.

Official Employee

Hi acdnh - 

We're currently experiencing an issue that is affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.  Our engineers are actively working on restoring full App & Portal functionality.  I am adding your name and account to a ticket to confirm your issue is resolved once we've issued a fix.

Thanks, 

Rachel

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Do we have an ETA on when it will be complete? Just the fact that I cannot see my cameras while out is an inconvenience.

New Poster

I cannot see them either.

New Poster

I have the same exact problem but we are new to xfinity home. What is the url of the "Old" portal?

Frequent Visitor

Its right there on the Overview screen where it says "Return to previous version"

Frequent Visitor

Not able to access Home system from Web Portal or iPhone app.     Have restarted router & home tablet device.   No change.

A Ward

Tennessee

Frequent Visitor

The whole network is down. No one can log in.

Starting to think Xfinity Home was the wrong choice. This seems to happen at least once or twice a month since I got it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Not sure how they can market this as a security system when it is down so much!    I am at work with no way to monitor my home!!

A Ward

Tennessee

Frequent Visitor

The sensors and alarm are still functioning. We just cannot access the system externally. 

I too like to see what's happening around my house while I'm at work. its nerve-racking when you're paying so much for something that's not functioning when you want it to. 

Official Employee

Hi, how are you doing? Your security is important to us and I wanted to check in and get more information regarding you Xfinity Home issue. Are you arming your system through the online portal or the keypad/ touchscreen? If you are currently going through the portal let us try arming and disarming from the keypad and touchscreen. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I finally gave up in Comcast. Got tired of trying to call customer service and getting a script reader in Taiwan or the Phillipines. Alarm would go off and no one could call. Have not seen cameras once on app since the "update" this summer. Went local for 1/2 the cost, twice the e service and I can talk to an American! Comcast Internet was down all day yesterday. Looking for a new provider for that now also.
New Poster

Already tried, same result.
Frequent Visitor

And it appears the system is down again. Cannot log in from App or Web Portal. 

Really starting to wish I had gone with a different security system. All my other Xfinity services never have issues like this.

New Poster

Not only does it not work on the web portal but it is offline on my touchscreen more than it is online.  I have given up on trying to get it to work...so disappointed with the entire system.  I don't even alarm my system anymore.  It is a total waste of money and I can't remove the system without being charged a $1,000 fee.  Would totally not recommend this sytem to anyone.