Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problems with App and Touch Panel

New Poster

Problems with App and Touch Panel

Hello Comcast - I hope you are listening. I have tried to speak to upper level administration to discuss my issues. I was assured by the retention department that someone would contact with in 3-5 days. That was 21 days ago. I called back today and was told another 7-10 days to hear from someone who will even listen to my concerns. I have had a history of problems with Xfinity Home, many of which I see a lot of others have had as well. I'm fed up, and ready to install a security system that actually works... I would love to give Comcast the opportunity to admit that this system simply doesn't live up to their expectations and I fear for the safety and security of my family.

1. Install was sloppy and salesperson outright lied about compatibility of the smart phone app. My Android phone could not download the app from Google play. It was not available, so I purchased an Iphone out of contract at full price simply to control my security system. The app works 60% of the time. It times out on most attempts.

2. I've been through 3 touch panels. (Freezing, DOA, no data)

3. My cameras are on the same frequency as my garage door. Once a week I have to cycle power in my camera for my garage door remotes to work.

4. Constantly losing connection with router and cameras.

5. Have had two alarms that lasted over 5 mins before disarmed and no response from monitoring company even though text indicated they were notified.

6. Lamp modules have died.

7. Sensors falling off doors causing alarms.

8. Motion detectors work 60%. Have walked in to the room many times and motion detector doesn't pick us up.

9. Have to reset security router consistently to gain access to touchscreen data options.

10. Additional keypad unresponsive.

11. During testing, monitoring company was provided correct passphrase and police showed up (45 min later) they said the wrong password was given. Also they indicated they were dispatched to an address three blocks away by the monitoring company.

12. At one point while trying to troubleshoot the non-responsive touch screen, I was transferred to an internet tech who had never heard of "Xfinity Home".

13. We've had 4 tech visits, 10 online chat services, several phone calls, and many reboots and restarts. Check my file since my install in September.

I have had Comcast for many years for TV, Phone, Internet. I don't understand the lack of connection between the customer and Comcast. I'd like to be released from my contract, and I feel I have every justification to do so. I bought this security system for the peace of mind and the bundle with my other Xfinity services.. I'm sorry Comcast, but this time you have failed me big time, and I'm ready for this system to be removed and let’s pretend this nightmare never happened. So please have someone call me to discuss this "contract". I have pictures, video, and chat transcripts to back up the information above.

Connection Expert
Moved:

Ready to throw in the towel

Official Employee

Re: Problems with App and Touch Panel

Hi blantona - I'm sorry to read about all your problems here.  I'd like to focus on current issues with your service and get each addressed.  I will follow up in PM and ensure you get direct support.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation