Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Not able to connect to cameras via web portal

Frequent Visitor

Not able to connect to cameras via web portal

Up until this afternoon I was able to log in to the web portal and/or my phone with the mobile app and view live feed from my cameras.  This afternoon both were saying the cameras were unavailable.  When I got home I see on the Touch Pad that the cameras are working.  One time before I had this issue and reset the Touch Pad and things started working again.  Well, the mobile app worked for awhile, but now it is not working again. On the web portal I am now getting the following.  Any suggestions on how to fix this issue or what could have caused it to stop working all of a sudden.  Screenshot 2015-03-31 21.44.22.png

Contributor

Re: Not able to connect to cameras via web portal

Its not just you. I am having the same exact issue. Another now infamous Xfinity Home glitch. Really thinking of moving over to ADT

Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. Since yeaterday afternoon. I've rebooted my modem, my wireless router, the netgear wireless router that xfinity provides and my touchscreen. I get camera connections on the couchscreen, and on the web app and mobile app soon after I reboot then I lose connection. Anyone noted the date on the xfinity home control web app, it seems to be wrong, right now in the east coast it is April 1, 10 PM as I write this and the web app states that it is April 2. I wonder if this connectivity issue we are having is somehow tied to this.

Valued Contributor

You're not alone.. Experiencing the same issues.  They work on the touchscreen, but not on web portal, nor on my iPhone app.  Hopefully a short lived outage.

Frequent Visitor

Camera issues here as well. very frustrating. From my Comcast web portal I get "The system is unable to establish camera connections....." iPhone and iPad just spinning with "Connecting to camera". Seriously considering ADT or installing my own system. For what Comcast charges there shouldn't be this many problems.

A Ward

New Poster

I just got my camera yesterday. Now I did move it. But it says 25 feet. It's not. It hasn't work since last night. When I got it. It didn't come with direction. Or he didn't give them to me. When He Got here. Than they tell me it don't record. I wanted that or pictures it don't do that rither. And since it's not even working. I look.for a reset button I don't see a reset button. He told me I can move it. So I'm unhappy about it

BJVoght wrote:

Up until this afternoon I was able to log in to the web portal and/or my phone with the mobile app and view live feed from my cameras.  This afternoon both were saying the cameras were unavailable.  When I got home I see on the Touch Pad that the cameras are working.  One time before I had this issue and reset the Touch Pad and things started working again.  Well, the mobile app worked for awhile, but now it is not working again. On the web portal I am now getting the following.  Any suggestions on how to fix this issue or what could have caused it to stop working all of a sudden.  Screenshot 2015-03-31 21.44.22.png

Frequent Visitor

I am having same issue, spent countless hrs on phone w/ them, even had them out to house to check w/ technician, no luck fixing. Any ideas on how to fix? 

Official Employee

Hi Raymond138 - 

Can you tell me if you are able to see your cameras on your Touch Screen or on one of the Xfinity Home mobile apps?

Thanks,

Rachel

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon