Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

New web portal is not rule friendly

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

New web portal is not rule friendly

<rant>

I have tried to like the new web portal.  But for rules it is just is not user friendly.  With the old system you could see your complete rule before saving.  You could also edit a rule and just change what you want, rather than step through the whole process again.  Seeing the whole rule at once (there is no way to do that now), and being able to edit just what you want, that was nice.  Sure, the new portal is pretty . . . but not as funtional.

</rant>

So how about putting the old rules add/edit screen in the new portal?

Valued Contributor

Re: New web portal is not rule friendly

I agree that the rule setting for the new portal is not as user friendly and lacks some of the abilities of the previous version.  At leas for now you can always still go back to the old version by clicking on the Return to Previous version under the video.  Anytime I want to add or change a rule I do this.  Hopefully they won't take this away anytime soon.

Regular Contributor

Re: New web portal is not rule friendly

and now they switched the rules off. No longer home automation rules via web portal. How can this be?

@spacecadet57 wrote:

I agree that the rule setting for the new portal is not as user friendly and lacks some of the abilities of the previous version.  At leas for now you can always still go back to the old version by clicking on the Return to Previous version under the video.  Anytime I want to add or change a rule I do this.  Hopefully they won't take this away anytime soon.