Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Nest Thermostat - not showing up in the Xfinity home web browser?

New Poster

Nest Thermostat - not showing up in the Xfinity home web browser?

I can control my Nest thru Xfinity Home app, but it doesn't show up in the web browser mode. Why user can't have the same functionality on different platform? Does anyone has similar issues? 

Official Employee

Re: Nest Thermostat - not showing up in the Xfinity home web browser?

Hi Smart_shopper - 

I pulled up your account & see a ticket has already been opened for this issue with our support team.  The tech should be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Rachel 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Noticed this post while looking for the same answer in regards to my garage Door opener not showing up in the web portal as well. Seems only certain devices show up for some reason. My Kwikset door lock shows up and is controllable through the web portal, but my garage door is not. It shows up just fine in the app though. Likewise, I can not see the garage door opener through the app on my X1 box or on the touch pad either. 

New Poster

Is there any update to this? I have the same issue.

Regular Visitor

Works with Xfinity Home devices work independently but are integrated via the Xfinity Home mobile app. Devices like the door locks and light switches use the zigbee protocol and communicate with the touchscreen directly. This is why you can unlock the door but not set your Nest thermostat or open your garage door from the touchscreen, only from the mobile app. Essentially its taking the seperate Nest and Chamberlin, Lutron etc apps and integrating them into the Xfinity Home mobile app.