members

online now

discussions

Home Security

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

Every home security system I have had in the past has always notified me when a power outage occurred in my home. Last night we had a power outage and I did not receive a call from Xfinity. Is this not a service that they provide?

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

Hi GayleHobe!

We do not call when there is a power outage. XFINTIY Home includes a battery backup with the touchscreen as well as cellular back up included with your service for no additional charge, which keeps the system's core alarm functionality running - even during a power outage.

There is a way, however, thorugh our legacy Rules system to set up a notification to be sent to you if power is lost.  If you're interested in setting up this alert, here are the steps to take.

1) Log in to http://home.xfinity.com

2) Click on the link in the middle of the page for "Return to the Previous Version"

3) Click on the Rules menu and choose "Rules"

4) Click the "Add a Rule" button

5) Choose "Event"

6) In the first box choose "Security System."  In the second box, choose "Power Loss." In the third box select the "Text Message" or "E-Mail
option.

7) Choose additional criteria for "How Often" and "In What Secrurity Mode" and then click Save.

Hope this helps!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon