Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Home Security App - New policy for Seasonal Accounts

New Poster

Home Security App - New policy for Seasonal Accounts

I have had Comcast Home Security , as well as Internet, Tv and Phone, for years and each winter I put my account on seasonal mode which drops my bill down significantly. Obviously no need for TV and Phone if no one is home. Internet stays on to provide connectivity for home security system. Suddenly my Xfinity Home app stops working so I can no longer view my cameras remotely. I figured it was a technical issue or a bug in the new app I had updated. So I called Xfinity to find out that a policy change was made and seasonal customers (who still pay for Internet and Home security) are no longer permitted to view the cameras at their home nor is any recording taking place. Every time my issues with Comcast settle down they do something just outright wrong and nasty to make me hate them again. What genius thought this would not irritate customers not being able to do anything basic like look at camers remotely like all the other secuity systems. I have ADT in Florida and as soon as I go back up North for the season will throw out Comcast. I cannot wait until their contract comes up with our large community in Florida so I can try and have them removed as well . 

Official Employee

Re: Home Security App - New policy for Seasonal Accounts

Hi, Lou_NJ - My apologies that you feel this way. Please feel free to submit a feedback here: https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation