Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Internet explorer won't let me download the Adobe macromedia flash.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (645 Views)

Internet explorer won't let me download the Adobe macromedia flash.

How do I change my internet options so I can get internet explorer to let me download Adobe Macromedia flash player? I get the message from Adobe that installation was complete, but then I get the info bar from internet explorer that says it wouldn't let installation the complete because the active X is unsafe.
3 REPLIES
Posted by
Email Expert

Message 2 of 4 (637 Views)

Re: Internet explorer won't let me download the Adobe macromedia flash.

sunny121 wrote:
How do I change my internet options so I can get internet explorer to let me download Adobe Macromedia flash player? I get the message from Adobe that installation was complete, but then I get the info bar from internet explorer that says it wouldn't let installation the complete because the active X is unsafe.

It sounds like whatever security program you are using has blocked ActiveX, which not such a bad thing, btw.  However, without knowing what you are using it's hard to tell you exactly how to allow the Adobe to run.

mady
Honi soit qui mal y pense
Posted by
Regular Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (631 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I finally figured it out with some digging on the Adobe support site. I had to uninstall the flash player then reinstall it & now it works great!
Posted by
Most Valued Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Communication is Key. Way to go, keep it up. Congrats on 100 Replies!
  • On your way! Congrats on Posting 10 topics!

Message 4 of 4 (620 Views)

Good detective work, and what I would have suggested.  This is a common solution to your common problem.  You often have to uninstall it and reinstall the latest downloaded version it to get it to work.
-->