Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Posted by

Set number of rings

How do I set the number of rings before the voice mail operates?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Set number of rings

Login to xfinity

Go to preference/voice/call forwarding and rings

Where it say rings then set the number to what ever you like before sending it to voice mail.

Posted by
Regular Contributor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • On your way! Congrats on Posting 10 topics!

as usual, the help given is no good.

Setting teh number of rings only screws up my system today I went to that page and changed it from the 5 rings its been for y ears,  to 8 rings. Now my phone only rings only once an it hangs up on the caller.

Four hours later with tech support, they told me I cannot control the number of rings from the web page as that function does not work. She set it to 9 from her desk, we tested it and it works. Two hours later, I am now unable to get calls as it rings once  and hangs up instantly.

I have been on hold for three hours now, and have NO phone service. Great deal for $150 a month, huh.?

Here is a great hint I heard on the stupid menu system  " If you want to find out if your internet is out, go online and check it.. STOOOOOOPID!!!!

I would rather take out my own appendix with a warm spoon than deal with comcast. I know now one here cares, but they will get no more money out of me.. .

Posted by
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

I want to set my phone rings to 9. Right now it is 4 and I never reach it before it goes to voicemail.