Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
You can contribute an answer or post a question.
Posted by
New Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

No incoming calls - all going to voicemail

All of my incoming calls are going straight to voicemail. I have my preferences set at 6 rings before being set to voicemail. The phone doesn't ring at all, calls just go to voicemail. I can make outgoing calls ok, but no incoming calls.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Re: No incoming calls - all going to voicemail

Start troubleshooting by resetting the eMTA telephony modem.  There's a small indented reset button on the panel where the cables connect.  Give it a 5 second push with a toothpick or some poker and test.

If it still doesn't ring, then plug in a known good wired telephone directly to the L1/L2 jack on the eMTA telephony modem and give it a test.

If it still doesn't work with a phone connected directly to the eMTA, then contact Comcast support for more help.

Posted by
New Visitor

i have no way to contact comcast can i get help by using  this

Posted by
Cable Expert

bridgeske wrote:

i have no way to contact comcast can i get help by using  this

No, this is not the Comcast help desk, this is a user to user community forum.

Posted by
New Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

I was having this issue with all of our company calls going straight to voicemail. I knew it wasn't a phone issue b/c there were 4 phones connected to the line and all calls were going straight to voicemail all of a sudden. I used the call forwarding feature sometimes and figured it had something to do with a feature access code of some sort b/c it was like they were being forwarded to vm, but the forward feature was deactivated. I searched all over & looked at every Comcast help forum I could find with similar issues and there was no answered help responses for any of them, I was shocked! So I set out to figure it out myself! After hours of searching and reading forums and comcast help which they all pretty much just wanted to say to reset phone and modem and check phone wires, and saying it was the service and to email or call customer service, or go to your account and change settings, which none of it was helping anyone. I finally figured it out, after finding an old welcome to comcast booklet with all the feature access codes!! I had accidentally hit a wrong number and the calls were on do not disturb and just needed to be deactivated!! Which was simply dialing *79, I hope this helps others out there with the same issue, so they don't have to go through what I did. 

Posted by
Visitor

After pulling my hair out with the same problem, I did the*79 and it solved the problem....Thanks

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments