Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY Stream on Roku

As of, 01/31/2017 at 1:00 PM EST, we are pleased to announce the release of the Xfinity BETA TV app on  ROKU devices.

The Xfinity TV Beta app on Roku is available in the Roku Channel Store! The Beta trial allows XFINITY TV customers to access their XFINITY TV cable service, including live and On Demand programming as well as cloud DVR recordings (for X1 Cloud DVR customers), on a Roku streaming device or Roku TV.

What programming and features will be available with the XFINITY TV partner app?

• XFINITY Guide
  • Live and On Demand programming, including:
    • Local broadcasts
    • Cable programming
    • Premium networks
    • Public, Educational and Governmental (PEG) Channels
  • Cloud DVR recordings

Eligibility:

• Customers must purchase their own Roku device and device must be on firmware version 7.5
    • Compatible Roku Devices:
      • Roku TV (5XXX, 6XXX: Models within the 5000 and 6000 range)
      • Streaming Stick (3600)
      • Express (3700, 3710)
      • Express+ (3710)
      • Premiere (4620)
      • Premiere+ (4630)
      • Ultra (4640)
      • Roku 4 (4400)
      • Roku 3 (4200, 4230)
      • Roku 2 (4210)

**Note: The XFINITY TV Beta channel will only appear in the channel store for eligible devices.**

• XFINITY TV (Legacy or X1) and Internet Customer; or a Stream TV Customer:
  • Legacy or X1 Customer: Requires a Video subscription, and Comcast Internet with Device (No Internet speed tier restrictions)
  • Stream TV Customer: Wireless Gateway Access Required (No Internet speed tier restrictions)

**Note: Customers of 3rd party Internet Service Providers will be able to use the Roku app in a future phase**

• Existing XFINITY TV App users are eligible to use the XFINITY TV Partner App - Beta - Roku, with an eligible Roku device.
  • If you are a current XFINITY Internet customer, you don't need any additional equipment because your Internet gateway can also be used as your cable service gateway. If you're not an XFINITY Internet customer, we are working hard to make cable-only gateway equipment available soon.
  • During this Beta phase, due to technical limitations, customers using the XFINITY TV Beta app on Roku (other than Stream customers) can only use that app on secondary TV outlets and will need to have at least one Comcast-provided TV box in their home. You do not have to connect the Comcast-provided TV box and Roku to the same TV.

Getting Started:

• Once we launch, Customers can access the XFINITY TV Beta App from XFINITY Channel in Roku Channel Store
  • Customers will need to activate their device and sign in with XFINITY credentials to enjoy benefits of the XFINITY TV App
    • See Activation Process
  • There will be no additional outlet charge for the Roku device during the Beta trial; standard charges may apply after the trial.

Activation Process:

1.PNG

1. When using the App for the first time, with is the screen you will see when you launch the app. Click the “Get Started” button to continue.

Roku 3.png

1. This screen lets you know how to activate/authorize your device. You must go to xfinity.com/authorize form a mobile, tablet or desktop device web browser (not from the Roku device).

Roku4.png

1. From the web browser (not the Roku device) enter the six digit code provided form the Roku screen.

Roku5.png

1. From the web browser (not Roku), enter your XFINITY username and password, then select “Sign In”.

Roku6.png

1. Success! The web browser will display a message, that the Roku device screen will update shortly.

Roku.PNG

1. Activating device loading screen. Customer has entered activation code and authenticated with XFINITY login. The Roku screen will let you know your device is being activated.

Roku7.png

1. On the Roku device you must select “Yes’ to continue. If you select “No Thanks”, you will go back to step 1. **Note: Only Cloud DVR users will see the bottom paragraph (under “Terms of Activation”.**

Roku2.PNG

1. On the Roku device, name your device.

Roku8.jpg 

1. Home Screen on the Roku device. You are now ready to use the App!

Frequently Asked Questions:

What Roku devices can I use the app with?

• Eligible devices are listed above. The XFINITY TV Beta channel will only appear in the channel store for eligible devices.

Is there a charge for using a Roku device?

• There will be no additional outlet charge during the Beta trial for using a Roku device.

Can Customers return their Set Top Boxes and use a Roku instead?

• During the Beta Trial, customers must keep their primary Set Top Box, but additional Set Top Boxes can be returned. They will not receive a Customer Owned and Managed equipment credit because we are not charging an Additional Outlet fee at this time.

I’m an XFINITY X1 Customer. Can I keep my X1 Set Top Boxes?

• The Beta App gives you the option of getting Xfinity TV on a Roku device, but if you’re happy with your X1 boxes you can keep them. The X1 entertainment operating system delivers an interactive TV experience. With X1 your voice is your remote control, you can turn your TV into a scoreboard with real-time scores and stats, stream life’s moments live from your smartphone to your TV, and take advantage of built in Apps such as: Comcast Voicemail, XFINITY My Account App, Pandora, Netflix, Weather and Traffic.

Can I take my Roku device to my friend’s house, or vacation home and access XTV Partner App – Roku Beta App?

• The Beta App provides access to your in-home Xfinity cable service only.

How many Roku devices can a Customer use?

• Customers can stream up to 5 devices simultaneously, with a total of 45 devices registered on the account. The streaming total of 5 simultaneously includes Roku devices, mobile devices (iPad, tablets, phones), and computers.

Does using the XFINITY TV Partner App: Beta – Roku count against my Internet data usage?

• No, the Xfinity TV Beta App delivers an in-home cable service over Comcast's cable system, not over the Internet. Therefore, the Beta app usage will not be counted towards your XFINITY Internet monthly data usage.

Can I purchase a Roku device from Comcast?

• At the present time, no. Future phases will include the ability to purchase new devices from Comcast.

Wireless Network Connectivity Tips:

For an optimum streaming experience on a Roku device or TV, keep within range of the wireless router. Avoid placing on top of other devices, and keep clear of obstructions. Do not place in an enclosed area or direct sunlight. To receive a stronger wireless signal, try moving or rotating into different positions. Even a few inches can help.

For additional information about the Xfinity TV App on Roku see the following links:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-on-roku-faqs

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/navigating-roku-app

To learn more about the Xfinity TV app for Roku and provide feedback, visit www.xfinity.com/xfinitytvbeta

***UPDATE 03/22/2017***

The following updates will be made on 04/10/2017 on the Roku Version 2.0.x release:

• The XFINITY TV Roku App will be renamed to XFINITY Stream Beta app on Roku
  • XFINITY customers will now have access to and be able to view purchases
  • University access/support

Join the discussion here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/XFINITY-Stream-on-Roku/td-p/2834869

Version history
Revision #:
4 of 4
Last update:
‎08-10-2017 03:11 PM
Updated by:

Labels (1)
Contributors