Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Program Your XFINITY X1 Remote for TV and Audio Control

Your XFINITY remote can be programmed to control your TV and AV receiver, such as a sound bar or another audio device. If you have XFINITY X1 service, you can also pair the remote with your TV Box, which allows you to control the device even when it’s out of sight.

Use the resources below to find programming codes online, on X1 and within the XFINITY My Account app for setting up, syncing and pairing your remote.

Program Your Remote on XFINITY X1

If you have XFINITY X1 service and the X1 Voice Remote, simply press the microphone button, and say, “Program remote.” If you don't have a Voice Remote, follow these steps:
  1. Press the A button on your remote control.
  2. Select Remote Setup.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
If you don’t have X1, you can learn how to program your remote from your non-X1 TV Box.

Program Your Remote Using Our Online Code Lookup Tool

Visit the online Remote Code Lookup tool and select the XFINITY remote that you currently have before clicking Continue. Then, follow the programming instructions provided. If you can't find your code, please try the following:
  1. Turn on your TV.
  2. Press TV on your remote. Then hold Setup until the TV button flashes twice.
  3. Enter 9-9-1 and the TV button will flash twice.
  4. Press 1 and the TV button will flash twice.
  5. Press the Power button, then press CH+ multiple times until the TV turns offs.
  6. Once the TV turns off, press Setup to lock in the code.

Program Your Remote Using the XFINITY My Account App

1. Open the XFINITY My Account app from your Apple or Android mobile device.
  2. Tap the TV icon, your relevant TV Box, and then Setup a remote.
  3. Swipe to find the remote control model that you need to program, and tap Continue.
  4. Select TV or Audio/Other, and follow the programming instructions.

How To Program Your X1 Remote Control to Your TV and Audio Device

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I use voice control?
Press and hold the Microphone (Mic) button while speaking a command into the microphone located at the top of the Voice Remote. Be sure to speak one to eight inches away from the microphone. Release the Microphone (Mic) button when you have finished the command.

When is the microphone on?
The microphone is only on while you are pressing and holding the Microphone (Mic) button on your Voice Remote. A flashing light on your Voice Remote and a microphone symbol on the TV connected to your X1 TV Box let you know that the microphone is on and listening for your voice commands.

What voice commands can I use?
The X1 Voice Remote supports natural language speech recognition, so you can search by keyword as well as by phrase. Use voice control to change channels, search for shows, get recommendations and more. Please see these Voice Remote tips for an extended list of available voice commands. Here are some examples of voice commands:
  • "Watch NBC"
  • "Find kids movies"
  • "Launch Sports app"
  • "Show me what's on tonight at seven"
  • "Turn on Closed Captioning"
  • "Show me settings"

What happens to my voice commands after I speak them into the remote?
After you speak into the Voice Remote, the voice commands are sent to Comcast and its contracted service provider for processing. Comcast and its provider use these voice commands to provide the voice control service (including for quality assurance, troubleshooting, and customer support), improve Comcast's products and services and improve their voice recognition algorithms.

Why doesn't the Voice Remote recognize my voice commands?
If your commands are not recognized, make sure you are speaking clearly and at a natural, conversational volume. Hold the remote one to eight inches away while giving a command and hold down the Microphone (Mic) button until you finish speaking. If you are still having trouble, consider whether or not there are other sources of noise near you that may be interfering with your voice commands.

The battery levels in your remote could also have an impact on voice commands. To check your battery level, visit the About section of the X1 Settings menu. If your battery level is red or yellow, try changing your batteries.

Why won't the Voice Remote work with my other Comcast TV Boxes?
Once your Voice Remote is paired to a TV Box, it is uniquely paired and will not control other Comcast TV Boxes unless paired with another box.

Note: The voice recognition feature is not supported on RNG150N TV Boxes.

What Comcast TV Boxes support the Voice Remote?
The Voice Remote is supported by all X1 TV Box models (except the RNG150N). The Voice Remote must be paired with the appropriate model TV Box to enable the voice control functionality.

Will my Voice Remote control my TV, audio receiver and sound bar?
Yes, for most models. Visit xfinity.com/remotes to see if the remote supports your TV, audio receiver, or sound bar, and for instructions to set up your Voice Remote to control your TV and audio receiver or sound bar, if supported.

How do I get the new Voice Remote?
The X1 Voice Remote is now available to new and existing X1 customers by visiting a local XFINITY Store or Comcast Service Center to pick one up in person or contact us to have one shipped to you (additional fees may apply).

Version history
Revision #:
8 of 8
Last update:
‎08-14-2017 01:01 PM
Updated by:

Labels (1)
Contributors