Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Channel Lineup “New Channels 1000-1999

We're introducing a new way to interact with your channel lineup that will make it easier to find the entertainment you love and help discover new favorites.

With this change, channels from 1-999 aren't going anywhere. Channels 1000-1999 will be organized by category, so networks with similar programming - like news networks, sports networks, and kids' networks - will be grouped together into channel neighborhoods to make browsing easier.

This channel lineup, also known as Channel Neighborhoods, was developed to make it easier for our customers to find their favorite shows by organizing networks in neighborhoods beginning with channel 1000.

At this time, there will be no changes to channels 1-999 and customers can continue to find their channels and record their shows in the same manner they do today.

MCLU-Business.PNG

Frequently Asked Questions:

Will the new channel lineup increase my bill?

• The new channel lineup will not affect your bill.

Are you removing any of my channels?

• As part of these lineup changes, we have no plans to remove any channels you have now.

Will this new channel lineup affect my DVR recordings?

• If you're an XFINITY X1 customer, your DVR recordings, favorites and parental controls won't be affected, so you won't have to do a thing. If you don't have X1, you'll need to update your favorites.

Will the Spanish-language channels move?

• Some of your favorite Spanish-language networks will be moving into the new channel neighborhoods, including soccer networks and broadcasters.

If I have XFINITY X1, will my Voice Remote still work?

• Yes, but channels 1000+ will only be seen as options in your channel guide. You won't be redirected to those channels automatically.

Are all TV boxes compatible with the new channel lineup?

• Most TV boxes are compatible with the new channel lineup. However, if you have a DCT-2000 series TV box, you'll continue your SD-only experience, just as you do today. If you have a DTA (SD or HD) or an XiD, you will not receive the new channel lineup on those devices.

If I don't have X1, will I be able to find my channels in their new placements?

• Yes. If you don't have X1, you can simply hit the Search button on your remote and type in the name of the programming you're searching for.

How will you handle SD and HD channels in the channel lineup?

• The 1000+ channels will mostly consist of HD channels. When there is not an HD channel available for a certain network, an SD channel will be broadcast.

What if my TV subscription only gives me SD channels?

• If your current TV subscription doesn't include HD channels, you'll only be able to view SD channels, just like you do now. This includes the SD channels in 1000+. If you tune to an HD channel, you'll receive a message saying that you cannot view this channel in HD.

What if I don't want these extra channels?

• They're a part of your current TV package. There are no new channels in 1000+, just the channels you currently have, but organized differently. Channels in 1000+ are grouped together to help you find more shows like the ones you already love.

What do you mean my channels will be grouped together?

• Channels 1000-1999 will be organized by category, so networks with similar programming - like news networks, sports networks, and kids' networks - will be grouped together into channel neighborhoods. These new channel neighborhoods are designed to make browsing easier and to help you find more of the content you want to watch.

How can I get a printed copy of my new channel lineup?

• After you receive the new channel lineup, you can view or print a copy at xfinity.com/localchannels. If you are unable to print a copy online, you can contact us to request that a copy be mailed to you.

Join the discussion here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Channel-Lineup-quot-New-Channels-1000-1999-quo...

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎08-10-2017 10:47 AM
Updated by:

Contributors