Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xtv no longer shows all the channels I am subscribed to

New Poster

xtv no longer shows all the channels I am subscribed to

The xtv app no longer lists all the channels I am subscribed to. From my desktop pc and laptop when logging onto the https://xtv.comcast.net/ website channels are listed but only up to channel 1970, not up to channel 1991 as before. My android devices using the xfinity tv app shows the same tv listing missing channels like fox news and premium channels.  Note they all worked until yesterday.  Called into Comcast but no fix has occurred. Has Comcast changed anything to prevent all the channels I subscribe being listed as before? Is anyone else having this problem, if so, how did the problem get resolved if it did?

Problem Solver

Re: xtv no longer shows all the channels I am subscribed to

I too am having similiar problems which I documented in this thread.

New Poster

I'm also having the same issue.  Previously all of my channels had displayed on the website; however, numerous channels no longer display on the website.  I'm having the same issue on the Xfinity TV app on my phone.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. Everything recorded since Friday can't be downloaded to my iPad (and iPhone), and many channels no longer showing up in my app despite being subscribed to them. They all show up when I look online. And there is a message showing up next to those recorded shows (when I look at the DVR) saying "Not available for mobile viewing".
Problem Solver

Here is a list of all the HD channels I can watch on my DVR.  The ones in BLUE are the only ones that show up on the XTV website and the Xfinity TV app. Out of approxiamately 120 HD channels I subscribe to, only 33 are showing up on the app.

ChannelGrid.jpg

According to the X1 Paltform website (http://www.comcast.com/x1clouduser) it states as follows:

Stream XFINITY TV at home

Now, you can turn any screen in your home into a fully functioning TV. Just download the free XFINITY TV app, and you can stream every channel live, watch XFINITY On Demand™, and access your DVR recordings – all from your tablet or smartphone while connected to your in-home XFINITY network.

Obviously I cannot stream every channel live, since I am only getting 33 out of 120 HD channels.

New Poster

I think those of us having issues are going to have to call (like we have time for this?) and complain.  The app and my DVR was working perfectly fine together up through Thursday.  Now anything recorded after that is not available for download.

I'm working with online support right now. Seems like besides uninstalling and reinstalling the app, she is having to re-sync my mobile devices. This is also requiring a reboot of my actual X1 box.  Will post an update if we are successful (or not)

New Poster

Okay - they couldn't resolve my issue and are sending it up the tier because I explained there were others complaining on this forum about the same issue. If you are able, please take the time to complain using either online chat or calling, and let them know you know of others with the same issue. I am in Georgia...don't know where any of you all are. Even though they say they are escalating this, I think it will help for them to truly have people complaining from all over

New Poster

2:15pm update:   The app on my iPad is suddenly seeing channels it couldn't see earlier today, and can now see a recording (set from one of those channels) that I just initiated.  However, can't see any of the previously recorded shows between Friday and last night that I can see on my DVR itself.  I guess somehow my account got unlinked from "the cloud" and someone figured that out with all my calls and my little "chat".  Will see if this holds!  Annoying that I can't access those previous recordings

New Poster

The app on my iPad is suddenly seeing channels it couldn't see earlier today, and can now see a recording (set from one of those channels) that I just initiated.  However, can't see any of the previously recorded shows between Friday and last night that I can see on my DVR itself.  I guess somehow my account got unlinked from "the cloud" and someone figured that out with all my calls and my little "chat".  Will see if this holds!  Annoying that I can't access those previous recordings!

Problem Solver

Gail_D wrote:

The app on my iPad is suddenly seeing channels it couldn't see earlier today, and can now see a recording (set from one of those channels) that I just initiated.  However, can't see any of the previously recorded shows between Friday and last night that I can see on my DVR itself.  I guess somehow my account got unlinked from "the cloud" and someone figured that out with all my calls and my little "chat".  Will see if this holds!  Annoying that I can't access those previous recordings!

Glad to see you are back to working as well.  I'm not sure if you saw my post from the other thread, so I will just reiterate what I wrote there.  If you had made any scheduled recordings for channels that weren't showing up in the Xfinity TV app, they still might not show up since this got fixed. If you look at the Scheduled recordings on the DVR some of them might still be marked "Not available for mobile viewing".  If they record like that, they won't show up after recording, on the cloud apps.  I found that if I cancel them from the DVR, then reschedule them, all of a sudden that "Not available for mobile viewing" message disappears.  The only issue I've run into though is when I cancel them, they don't immediately show up as a "Canceled Recording".  I've had to wait between 1 to 2 hours for the DVR to update itself.  I really wish this would just work already. This is going on the 3rd month of having X1, and I've yet to go through a complete month without a single problem.

New Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I did actually see your comments from the other thread. The "not available for mobile viewing" only showed up on things that had been recorded. It does not show up on the listings for future recordings. We will see what happens. I've got a few regularly scheduled things set to record tonight that were set up back when we first switched to X1, and will check either later tonight or in the morning to see if they are available for mobile viewing or not.

I appreciate everyone sharing on here. It helps to know that it wasn't just me dealing with this issue, and really helped to see the recommendations.

Gail
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation