Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xtv.comcast.net doesn't recognize that I am using my PC on my home network

Frequent Visitor

xtv.comcast.net doesn't recognize that I am using my PC on my home network

I am using xtv.comcast.net at home on my X1 network.  Until a few weeks ago it worked well--I could watch my subscribed to channels in any room of the house. Then like others when I accessed the guide and try to watch a program "watch" is greyed out so I can't click on it.  I have a ticket in from a chat and the person said I would get a call back in two days.  No one has called.  This is one of the major reasons I have Xfinity but it's not working.  An additional issue is using the "Go" App on the iPad having to deal with constant buffering.  The solutions provided for the X1 in-home issue seems to be specific to each individual.  It would be good to have an answer to this problem with a solution.  

Xfinity, is there a solution?

Service Expert

Re: xtv.comcast.net doesn't recognize that I am using my PC on my home network

Anon197735 wrote:

I am using xtv.comcast.net at home on my X1 network.  Until a few weeks ago it worked well--I could watch my subscribed to channels in any room of the house. Then like others when I accessed the guide and try to watch a program "watch" is greyed out so I can't click on it.  I have a ticket in from a chat and the person said I would get a call back in two days.  No one has called.  This is one of the major reasons I have Xfinity but it's not working.  An additional issue is using the "Go" App on the iPad having to deal with constant buffering.  The solutions provided for the X1 in-home issue seems to be specific to each individual.  It would be good to have an answer to this problem with a solution.  

your dns servers must be the ones stored in your router (not for example google's)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote:

Anon197735 wrote:

your dns servers must be the ones stored in your router (not for example google's)

(not understanding), why would that be necessary ?

how would DNS servers have any role for "in-home authentication" ?

Service Expert

dj280 wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Anon197735 wrote:

(not understanding), why would that be necessary ?

how would DNS servers have any role for "in-home authentication" ?

the DNS system is a 'lookup' procedure. the internal servers will not have dns listings in (for example) the google DNS service. the comcast service for internet is ipv6 and uses an ipv6 primary and secondeary and ipv4 tertiary servers. Hope that fix gets your streaming working again.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Problem Solver

hope that works for the OP also.

fwiw:  i use speakeasy & level3  public dns servers and in-home authentication works.

Problem Solver

Hello Anon197735,

I will be more than happy to address your concerns. Upon review of your account I do see that your ticket is still open and our Advanced Support team is currently working on a resolution. I have updated your ticket with this most recent inquiry. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Anon197735 wrote:

1. did you change 'to' a business internet account?

2. are you sure you are on your home network (hard wired) or on your home wifi not the xfinitywifi shared (not home) wireless access point? 

3. are you using a comcast provided modem(gateway)?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation