Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity tv remote app for android settings

New Poster

xfinity tv remote app for android settings

Before I upgraded to the new samsung s5 the app worked fine. I have 2 cable boxes and was able to control them both.

When I signed into the app on my new phone I no longer have rge settings option so I can no longer go between boxes. I deleted the app and re-downloaded it I signed in, saw both my boxes, was able to confirm their eligibility then once the tv listing loaded I dont see the settings option.

Where did it go?!?!?
Contributor

Re: xfinity tv remote app for android settings

I dunno know what phone or version of android you had before, but in the current version there are three dots that stack vertically, and where you'll find settings not just in this app but almost all modern apps.

Contributor

I am having a similar issue with my Galaxy S5. I can operate my X1 boxes with the Keypad part of the app, however when I go to use the voice access. I push the microphone, it lights up, I get the box on the TV (How can I Help you). when I ask my request, there is no reponse. Not sure if it is a mic issue with the app but the Voice Search with the app does not work for me. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also wanted to add, I tried the voice control with my Samsaung Galaxy Tab3 7.0 tablet, with Android version 4.1.2 and the voice control works. So could it be with the Android 4.4.2  Android platform?

New Poster

I have the same problem.  I loaded app on my Samsung s5 and I could verify every box but then the Settings option dissappears and can't switch between TV boxes.  I also don't have the three vertical dots on my screen to open a menu that would contain a Setting option.

New Poster

If you hold down the menu icon on the S5 you will get a pop up that gives you more options to be able to search for shows as well as alternate between your boxes. Hope this helps!
New Poster

Yes that helps1
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation