Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity tv online is not working flashplayer issue?

New Poster

xfinity tv online is not working flashplayer issue?

when I login to watch it gives me this message:

Flash compatibility issue

XFINITY® TV requires a more recent version of Flash.

Please update to the latest version of Flash and ensure your browser is Flash compatible.

Download the latest version of Flash

I have checked the flashplayer made sure it is enabled and tried to download the "newer version" adobe says i already have it. any idea what is going on or how I can fix it? 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: xfinity tv online is not working flashplayer issue?

skwerl1 wrote:

when I login to watch it gives me this message:

Flash compatibility issue

XFINITY® TV requires a more recent version of Flash.

Please update to the latest version of Flash and ensure your browser is Flash compatible.

Download the latest version of Flash

I have checked the flashplayer made sure it is enabled and tried to download the "newer version" adobe says i already have it. any idea what is going on or how I can fix it?                                                                                                                                                  

Which browser?

New Poster

both windows explorer and google chrome. i did end up fixing it though. i refreshed my  computer and reinstalled a few things. it is working now. not sure what was affecting it or why refresh fixed it. thank you for your responseSmiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I have the same issue, but nothing seems to fix it. Both IE (which I rarely use) and Firefox both 32 and 64 bit on WIndows 7 64 bit. Any ideas? Everything current. All othe rFlash sites work fine.

~Bob

Service Expert

See what this says:

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Thnks Robvert. Did that and posted yesterday in another thread. Shows Firefox 64 V 50 with current 23.0------something FLash.

Just fior grins, tried Chrome which I NEVER ever use and it works there. But not IE or Firefox. And I did uninstall and reinstall Flash.

More ideas?

~Bob

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation