Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity tv online and windows 8 issues

New Poster

xfinity tv online and windows 8 issues

I'm having trouble watching tv online on any windows 8 computer. It works fine on other operating systems. I was wondering if there was a known issue with this, or a setting i need to change on my computer. 

Tags (2)
Frequent Visitor

Re: xfinity tv online and windows 8 issues

I also using a Wiindows 8 laptop to access live streaming and not able to get any content.   Non-live video does load however.   I called Comcast for help and got nowhere.

New Poster

Windows eight is as bad as comcast. Put them together for online television and you will be commited soon. Go to the home page and the online telivsion page in desktop mode. On both pages you need to click on the tools "gear" symbol and add them as an app. You might have to do it every time but it beats no shows and oulling your hair out.

New Poster

I'm wrong. You can click on all apps from the start screen and pin the xfinity apps to start. From ther, One click will put you in desktop and online television works. When do we get credits on the bills? , Lots of cash and not much service.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much.   I will try what you suggest and post the result.     Credits???   LOL

Regular Visitor

Thanks to all of you. I have been trying since January 6 to access ABC on line. Can't get it. It loads for a minute then stops and tells you to refresh. I wonder if I can stop payment and tell Comcast to "refresh" ?

Frequent Visitor

If only one of the benefits to being a "Xfinity Insider" would be to have all the services we pay for work ...  BTW - I can stream live on an iPad, so my guess is the live service is optimized for Apple, not Microsoft.   It would be nice if Comcast helped those of us with Windows 8 with settlings that would solve the problem.

Highlighted
New Poster

It seeems changing the compatbility view helps too but then again we will lose mail and phone if the online viewing works ;-) Comcast 22, Darned if you do... Does anbody else lose service the day following a paid Comcast bill that turns the amount red to let you know you owe for next month when you haven't had service the past month? Put your urgency into our service or go to your room JOE!!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation