Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity stream roku

New Poster

xfinity stream roku

The FAQs say:

In addition, XFINITY TV customers with Roku devices can use a wide variety of programmer apps to access their TV Everywhere programming outside the home using their Comcast credentials.

What does this mean? Where do I find this wide variety of programmer apps? When I went to TV Everywhere for xfinity, it put me at the regular activation site, which says I can't use it outside of my home network.  What's the point of an app if you can only use it at home?  How do I access the xfinity content that I pay for outside of my home? If it works on smart tvs, why not on a roku?  Thank you.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: xfinity stream roku

mavnro wrote:

The FAQs say:

In addition, XFINITY TV customers with Roku devices can use a wide variety of programmer apps to access their TV Everywhere programming outside the home using their Comcast credentials.

What does this mean? Where do I find this wide variety of programmer apps? When I went to TV Everywhere for xfinity, it put me at the regular activation site, which says I can't use it outside of my home network.  What's the point of an app if you can only use it at home?  How do I access the xfinity content that I pay for outside of my home? If it works on smart tvs, why not on a roku?  Thank you.

The tv everywhere they are referring to is content provided by other entities through their own app.

More info here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/online-tv-through-partner-sites/

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation