Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity dvr shows not showing up or are cut off in xfinity stream

New Poster

xfinity dvr shows not showing up or are cut off in xfinity stream

I set up recordings on the TV in home.  I can view the recorded shows on the tv with no problem.  If I log into xfinity stream on my PC, some recorded shows will not show up in xfinity stream or if they do, it cuts off the majority of the show.  For example, if I set a recording and wait til the end of the show.  When I log into xfinity stream, the show will appear but it only says the recording length is 2 minutes and 18 seconds long even though the show is an hour long.  But if I go to the TV, the whole show is there.  This is an issue for almost all of the recordings.  I have 3 tvs connected in home.  Sometimes I record multiple shows in one night.  Could the multiple shows and tvs be conflicting with xfinity stream?

Service Expert

Re: xfinity dvr shows not showing up or are cut off in xfinity stream

bgrey2 wrote:

I set up recordings on the TV in home.  I can view the recorded shows on the tv with no problem.  If I log into xfinity stream on my PC, some recorded shows will not show up in xfinity stream or if they do, it cuts off the majority of the show.  For example, if I set a recording and wait til the end of the show.  When I log into xfinity stream, the show will appear but it only says the recording length is 2 minutes and 18 seconds long even though the show is an hour long.  But if I go to the TV, the whole show is there.  This is an issue for almost all of the recordings.  I have 3 tvs connected in home.  Sometimes I record multiple shows in one night.  Could the multiple shows and tvs be conflicting with xfinity stream?

hi, in what city, state are you? There are some areas near Chicago and detroit that are having well documented problems with the free Cloud DVR service where programs are truncated on the cloud DVR but fine on the home DVR.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I am in Chicago and have the same issue.  It is getting ridiculous.

Last night I had 5 shows scheduled to record, not a single one was recorded on the cloud DVR.  I had one record on Monday and 3 out of 7 record on Sunday.  

New Poster

I'm in Chicagoland.  Why are only a few cities having this problem.  I would think this would be an issue throughout Comcast's network.

New Poster

I am having the same issue but I am in Denver

Regular Visitor

Same problem here and Comcast did little to fix the issue when I contacted them.
New Poster

Yep chicago also.  Its very frustrating that we pay so much and cant get this to work.  I am also have issues with shows recorded today and then getting error code 100.  Tomorrow, I will probably be able to watch them.  If that is the case, I will just get Netflix since most shows are a day delay.  Wonder if there will be any answer to this.  Currently looking at a cheaper service. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation