New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity Tv Go not loading

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

xfinity Tv Go not loading

Hello,

This doesn't appear to affect a single channel or show, but is affecting anything that I'm trying to stream and have a subscription to.  

It'll load the ads (10-15 seconds) then proceeds to the show but it just shows "Buffering..." then finally leads to this error message below:

xfinity_tvGo_outage.JPG

Accepted Solution

Re: xfinity Tv Go not loading

Found an alternative workaround.

Depending on the show and network you want to watch it on, just go directly to that network's website.  For example, I want to watch "Mad Men" which is on AMC.  Instead of trying to stream "Mad Men" through the xfinity site, go directly to AMC.com and login using your comcast/xfinity credentials and voila! You'll be streaming in no time.  Not a solution, but a nice work around =)

(same for other things like shows on CBS, ABC, HBO, etc.)

Let me know how this works for everyone else until they (comcast/xfinity) can resolve this Adobe Flash bug.  

View answer in context
New Poster

I'm having the same issue.  I believe that it has something to do with a recent update.  I've tried to reboot, and I've called att, my internet provider, they said that my 12 download and 1.5 upload apparently aren't meeting my speed requirements and I need to buy more - however, it was working fine until yesterday.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue too. Not everything gives me that issue but of course it's everything i want to watch has the error.

I've called Comcast several times this week-they said it's the new Flash updates and are fixing it but they did not tell me when it will be fixed...awesome.

Frequent Visitor

I don't think it's your internet speed that is an issue.

I'm confident that it may be related to a recent update released by Adobe Flash player after reading other forum threads from other people having the same problem.

xfinity Tv Go works fine on my iPhone, just not through a web browser on my PC.

New Poster

I've been getting error code 900|10600 since yesterday. wth comcast?

New Poster

I just got off the phone with comcast tech support - they said they're working the issue and I can always watch it on tv, --- ok, I'm in Florida and my TV is in Washington, hence "TV GO" .  And I'd much prefer watching it on a 19" laptop screen rather than having to cramp up my hand and put on my reading glasses to watch it on my phone!  

Oh wells, I guess you overpay for what you pay for - LOL

Frequent Visitor

I've uninstalled/reinstalled Adobe Flash player for Internet Explorer 11.

Same issue regardless if I'm using Internet Explorer 11 or Google Chrome (I'm on a Windows 7 PC).

New Poster

Correct doesn't matter what broswer you are on. I'm on Chrome but i noticed on other forums people are have issues on ipad and tablets too

Frequent Visitor

This is really unfortunate.  A #FirstWorldProblem for sure, but when you actually pay for a service that you hope to rely on that doesn't truly deliver.  I was hoping to take today's "lazy Sunday" to catch up entirely on the latest season of "Mad Men" in preparation for the series finale this evening.  

Frequent Visitor

Interesting enough, if it's a CBS network shows will load.  Looks like other networks or the premium channels are the ones that aren't streaming.

New Poster

Yesterday they told me to check back in 24 hours - still not working Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

It's pretty unthinkable to think that an issue this huge hasn't had a resolution yet.

Just tried again from my work's network which has worked in the past on my laptop (Windows 7 + Chrome).  Same issue.  Ugh!

Guess we'll just have to wait until a new Adobe Flash Player patch is released?

Frequent Visitor

Found an alternative workaround.

Depending on the show and network you want to watch it on, just go directly to that network's website.  For example, I want to watch "Mad Men" which is on AMC.  Instead of trying to stream "Mad Men" through the xfinity site, go directly to AMC.com and login using your comcast/xfinity credentials and voila! You'll be streaming in no time.  Not a solution, but a nice work around =)

(same for other things like shows on CBS, ABC, HBO, etc.)

Let me know how this works for everyone else until they (comcast/xfinity) can resolve this Adobe Flash bug.  

New Poster

I'm having the same issue, either the show or movie wont load or it says its buffering. Its not any certain show or station, it has been doing that for a couple of days now, any help?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation