Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity TV mobile app not finding wifi

New Poster

xfinity TV mobile app not finding wifi

I want to be able to connect my xfinity channels with my smartphone to watch TV, and initial setup will not recognize my xfinity wifi connection.
New Poster

Re: xfinity TV mobile app not finding wifi

I click on find home wifi internet and it searches over and over but never finds it. I've tried resetting everything and it still doesn't work, this needs to be fixed.
New Poster

Yeah, I am having the same issues, very frustrating and disappointing, please get this fixed!
New Poster

Same problem

New Poster

I just set the remote app on my tablet this afternoon...and tonight it's not working.  At least I know now that it's not me.  Hope Comcast corrects this.

Regular Visitor

Same issue here, when will this be fixed??

New Poster

I am having the same problem, so disappointing!! Comcast please fix or offer a solution!!!!!!!!

New Poster

this is really strange the app works on my galaxy s2 and i dont even have to be on my wifi for it to work but on my tablet it wont do anything it just keeps saying cant find home network,  at least im not the only one with the problem

New Poster

Has there been any word from Comcast on this issue? I'm unable to do the initial wifi setup on my LG G3 from T-mobile. It continually says "We're unable to detect your in-home xfininity wifi network."

Regular Visitor

Add me to the list. We just upgraded our service today, to add Comcast internet and Xfinity X1 tv service. I've downloaded the app to my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone and also my Galaxy Tab 2 tablet, and I get the "unable to detect your in-home Xfinity wifi network" message on both, although both are connected to the new network (which is working fine). I also get the error when I try to us the website at https://xtv.comcast.net/. What's the deal??

I called customer service and got transferred 3 times, spoke to 4 people, none of whom could help and all of whom said I needed a different department. The last person gave me a different number to call, so I did that. Got a "hold please while we complete your call" message a couple of times, and then a "I'm sorry, we can't complete your call at this time... goodbye" and disconnected! Is that a JOKE??

Official Employee

Add me to the list. We just upgraded our service today, to add Comcast internet and Xfinity X1 tv service. I've downloaded the app to my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone and also my Galaxy Tab 2 tablet, and I get the "unable to detect your in-home Xfinity wifi network" message on both, although both are connected to the new network (which is working fine). I also get the error when I try to us the website at https://xtv.comcast.net/. What's the deal??

I called customer service and got transferred 3 times, spoke to 4 people, none of whom could help and all of whom said I needed a different department. The last person gave me a different number to call, so I did that. Got a "hold please while we complete your call" message a couple of times, and then a "I'm sorry, we can't complete your call at this time... goodbye" and disconnected! Is that a JOKE??

The Xfinity TV app is for customers that are in an area that has cloud service. If not that app is not going to work. Try the online chat to verify you are in area and to verify the proper rates are on your account, if calling in isn't working for you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you Andrew. I will try chat later today. The tech who installed our service, I think, said something about being able to access via a mobile device, so I interpreted that to mean this app. But I will verify. The most frustrating thing was that, after bein transferred and given different numbers yesterday until I talked to a total of 8 people - and then gave up - not one of them simply told me what you just did. Surely one of them, who had my account information right in front of them, should have been able to verify whether our area had cloud service?? Instead, TV said I needed to talk to internet, who said I needed to talk to TV, who said I needed to talk to sales, etc etc..... It really felt like something out of a sit-com by the time I was done.

New Poster

This is happening to me too. Any news? They have no idea what it is.
New Poster

It used to work great when I first got it 3 months ago, now it won't work at all. Same problem as everyone else here. Won't find the home wifi network, yet I'm using it inside my home. Crazy!

Contributor

Add me to the list!  It worked for me until wednesday evening.  This is on my apple devices...running ios 7.1.2.  My son also can not get app to work on his htc phone.

I have 4 comxast on my devices:  tv remote, tv go, tv, & x1 remote.  Only "TV" can not finding my wifi network.  In my iphone, i get the error 12007 after several attempt to connect.

The tv app does not have "options", so you can't manually help it find your in-home network.  You also can not see what it is looking for.

I am out of ideas on what to try.  I have restarted everything.

This is frustrating!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Add me to the list! It worked for me until wednesday evening. This is on my apple devices...running ios 7.1.2. My son also can not get app to work on his htc phone.

I'm not sure if this helps you or anyone else, I have an IPad 2 with 7.1.2 w/Verizon service, if I don't disable the cell connection I get the same message but as soon as it's disabled it comes up no problem.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

My apple devices work now.  i did nothing. on one attemp to use the app, it said it found the network and asked me to " pair" the device. 

thanks...whoever executed a change.

Frequent Visitor

For all that are not working, do you have a comcast supplied modem? I was told that is a requirement and the app will not work with a customer supplied modem.
Official Employee

That is not a requirement, you can own your modem or router and this service will work as expected.   There was also a known issue where users were getting the In home check message while they were in the home.   That should be fixed by now. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I recently got a update to the app and now instead of it saying in cannot detect in home network, it says service not available in my area.

Official Employee

The update fixed some servicablitty issues as well, the app is working as expected.  You are in the florida region which has yet to launch cloud services.   In the next couple weeks, your area will have the ability to stream live TV and watch XFINITY On Demand.   No Launch Date for Cloud DVR in your market just yet. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

So where do I go to try an online chat?
What exactly is the app looking for when it says "Out of Home"?
Contributor

Any idea when the Olympia, WA area might be getting the Cloud service.
Thanks
Official Employee

Live TV and On Demand is targeted for the Seattle area late in the fourth quarter.   No specefic dates to provide yet.   Cloud DVR will not be available until 2015 most likley. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

The application is looking for your in home IP address from your cable modem.  If you recieve the OOH message it means you are either using 3G/4G or another WiFi connection. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

So if I have a router between the modem and my home network I will never qualify because the address that the modem sees is different from my network on the other side of the router? Is my home network supposed to be plugged into the DVR unit? The set up video does not mention it. Can't seem to make it work either way, though.
Contributor

The app worked fine last nite. Tonight it says "out of home".
Contributor

The device ( an iPad ) is connected to my home network. I checked. It does not 3G/4G capability
Contributor

Now it works again". I did a speed test. my upload speed started as almost none existent. We it rose to an anticipated level, I tried the app and it worked.
Contributor

Now it works again". I did a speed test.
my upload speed started as almost none existent.
We it rose to an anticipated level, I tried the app and it worked.
New Poster

Not happy. Can no longer get xfinity tv to go on my Samsung phone. The message is always the same no Internet connections. This is not true, I have Internet I am using it right now. NOT HAPPY when I call I am put on hold and bounced around and then disconnected. NO HAPPY AT ALL
New Poster

I know this is 3 years later but I was having the same issue (on my iPhone 4s) and figured out what to do. The last 2 days I had no issue using my tv app but then today it couldn't find my wifi. An error code kept appearing saying I need to be on my home Wifi (which I am like last 2 days) so what finally worked for me after trying everything else was to turn OFF wifi (I have no data charges so be careful if you pay for data) and it worked! Then after a minute of it working I turned wifi back on again and it worked still
Official Employee

Bulletproof777 wrote:
I know this is 3 years later but I was having the same issue (on my iPhone 4s) and figured out what to do. The last 2 days I had no issue using my tv app but then today it couldn't find my wifi. An error code kept appearing saying I need to be on my home Wifi (which I am like last 2 days) so what finally worked for me after trying everything else was to turn OFF wifi (I have no data charges so be careful if you pay for data) and it worked! Then after a minute of it working I turned wifi back on again and it worked still

The XFINITY TV app will check if you are on your home network each time you change networks. I sometimes just flip off wifi for a minute and flip it back on to have it get a new check. Pretty much what you did. Glad it worked.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats