Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

windows phone 8 .1 apps

Frequent Visitor

windows phone 8 .1 apps

I have been a Comcast customer for almost 20 years, and have every service except for the home phone. Now I know Comcast released the xfinity remote app last year, but it is a worthless excuse for an app. You can't watch anything on it, so what's the point? If I want to change my channel I have remotes for that. I'm not gonna tie my phone up just to change a channel.

When can we, loyal Comcast customers, expect to see the other xfinity apps released for the windows phone? The windows platform has more than enough customers using it to make the apps for it. So get to work and finish them.

New Poster

Re: windows phone 8 .1 apps

I'll second this. I'm a new customer and it'd be nice to be able to stream on my mobile as well as my tablet.

Problem Solver

We have been asking this same question since the wndows 8 phone came out in November of 2012. The answer has always been we are thinking about it.

Regular Visitor

They're thinking about it??  Why should Windows Phone users pay for services that others receive but we don't?  Either get a full compliment of Windows Phone apps or reduce WP users' rates.

Frequent Visitor

The answer is simple. Support the Microsoft ecosystem (Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Xbox 360 and Xbox One) or I will cancel my services with Comcast. CenturyLink gigabit sounds pretty good to me right about now.
Regular Contributor

ktipton88 wrote:
I have been a Comcast customer for almost 20 years, and have every service except for the home phone. Now I know Comcast released the xfinity remote app last year, but it is a worthless excuse for an app. You can't watch anything on it, so what's the point? If I want to change my channel I have remotes for that. I'm not gonna tie my phone up just to change a channel.

When can we, loyal Comcast customers, expect to see the other xfinity apps released for the windows phone? The windows platform has more than enough customers using it to make the apps for it. So get to work and finish them.

An app would be nice, but meanwhile why doesn't the xfinity tv function work within the browsers through the link provided.  It is puzzeling that I can view recordings from my dvr through my browser { https://xtv.comcast.net/recent} but I can't download the recordings as I can on my ios devices.

Frequent Visitor

I have asked this question before.  I understand writing an app takes resources.  WE DESERVE TO AT LEAST GET AN UPDATE ABOUT WHEN THIS FEATURE MIGHT BE AVAILABLE AND IF IT IS BEING WORKED ON.  The silence from Comcast about this is very rude.  We are paying a premium price for this service and I expect premium service which would include a working TV Go App for Windows, especially now that computers such as the surface and other tablet computers exist.

In the microsoft app store, periodically there are counterfiet Xfinity go applications which people are paying money to get.  This must show the demand for this application is there.  But Comcast is allowing their trademark to be used by not going after these people who are stealing from their customers pretending to be comcast.

I recently tried to download an android emulator to get TV Go which almost crippled my Surface.  I really want this applicaion and I am quite annoyed it does not exist and we are getting no responses from Comcast about when it will.

MHR

New Poster

I know that the windows phone OS has been shrinking in market share since 2006 down to a fraction in Dec 2013 but have not heard how it has done in 2014. With Android having about 41% of the OS market share followed by Apple's iOS at about 36%, that does not leave much room for MS.  Unless their market share drastically improves, I dought if many companys (including Comcast) will spend much time developing apps for such a small share of the market.  Its really a shame that Microsoft continues to let Apple dominate the market.  I have a new windows phone that I love for business because it interfaces with my work PC fairly seamlessly, however, it really lacks in the apps available which is disconcerting.  Even when Microsoft came out with its Office 365 which works on the windows phone, they failed to provide simple functionality such as cut and paste.  Its no wonder that Apple dominates the phone market.

Frequent Visitor

I have already dropped the Windows phone and gone back to android, at least until Windows 10 is released. That is when xfinity will have an app that works on the Windows phone, along with all the other apps and games that are wanted by Windows users.
Frequent Visitor

While Windows phones are not very popular this is not the case with PCs where windows is very prevalent.  New Laptops including the Surface are very suitable for watching vidoes.  This is where I would use the xfinity TV Go applicaion.  Personally, my phone screen is too small, I have an Android phone, is too small for me to enjoy these recordings.  I mainly use this application when I am on an airplane.

Whether they are planning to create this application or not does not change the fact that they should tell us what the status of this application is.  Since a year ago Comcast mentioned that yes they were thinking about it.  Some status report, even if it was, We are not doing anything at present would be nice.

Regular Visitor

Well it's their loss.  I like the Windows phone and I'll be using it for the foreseeable future.  If Comcast wants my continues business, they'll provide equal services for me that they do for other patrons.  Or they'll lose my business.  That simple.

Apps are convenisnt but hardly necessary.  If Comcast wants to keep their heads lodged up their coolective posterior (this thing wouldn't let me type "nut-ts"??  LOL), I'm sure someone wants my money.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 9 in conversation