Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

where is Ultra HD Sampler app

ANSWERED
New Poster

where is Ultra HD Sampler app

Searching in the SmartHub Apps on my UN55JS7000, I only find UHDFlix, where do I get the Xfinity Ultra HD Sampler App?

Accepted Solution

Re: where is Ultra HD Sampler app

I can understand your frustration, it took me maybe hours to find the app on TV and download it.

Why? Because it's not highlighted app, and you can't even find it by searching keyword! Xfinity and Comcast don't work, and if you search Ultra, it only shows UltraFlix.

I'm sure it's a bug on Samsung TV backend server, not correctly indexing the app name for searching. If I were Xfinity, I would contact Samsung to fix that issue (e.g., if lots of your customers say they can't find your app in the app store, would you just let the customer to contact Apple, Google or Microsoft directly to fix the issue, or you contact them by yourself?)

Whatever, solution is actually quite easy, just check the videos category, and go through the list one by one to find it. For my TV layout (I'm not sure if all Samsung TV are same), the list has 2 rows, and the Ultra HD Sampler app is 1st row, 40th column, which is roughly means the 80th in the list (after Amazon Video, CinemaNow, Hulu, before Yahoo, Twitch, I must say the listing has no logic at all regarding the order). It has a black background and the Icon is red xfinity test.

Good luck and hope you can find it.

View answer in context
Official Employee

bekegren wrote:

Searching in the SmartHub Apps on my UN55JS7000, I only find UHDFlix, where do I get the Xfinity Ultra HD Sampler App?

I would start with start with Samsung

Samsung Support at 1-800-726-7864.

Samsung remote support is also available at http://samsungsupport.com/remotesupport.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Use the search field at right end of featured apps.
type "Ultra HD Sampler ". The app has never been featured apps that came with the Samsung UHD TV. Read my earlier posts on this subject.

I have used app for 4 months with few problems.
Frequent Visitor

I can understand your frustration, it took me maybe hours to find the app on TV and download it.

Why? Because it's not highlighted app, and you can't even find it by searching keyword! Xfinity and Comcast don't work, and if you search Ultra, it only shows UltraFlix.

I'm sure it's a bug on Samsung TV backend server, not correctly indexing the app name for searching. If I were Xfinity, I would contact Samsung to fix that issue (e.g., if lots of your customers say they can't find your app in the app store, would you just let the customer to contact Apple, Google or Microsoft directly to fix the issue, or you contact them by yourself?)

Whatever, solution is actually quite easy, just check the videos category, and go through the list one by one to find it. For my TV layout (I'm not sure if all Samsung TV are same), the list has 2 rows, and the Ultra HD Sampler app is 1st row, 40th column, which is roughly means the 80th in the list (after Amazon Video, CinemaNow, Hulu, before Yahoo, Twitch, I must say the listing has no logic at all regarding the order). It has a black background and the Icon is red xfinity test.

Good luck and hope you can find it.

Problem Solver

The search field requires a perfect match on our TV 's.
Frequent Visitor

Not on my TV, even with exactly same casing, it still returns no result.

Btw, even if it works with exacly same name and casing, it's still not the expected behaviour the user want and not the excuse that user can't find it.

New Poster

Thank you very much MullenCC, you're the best.  Now onto finding the Olympics feed... I only see Outlander, Suits, Power, Hunters, and Superstore

Problem Solver

The Olympics menu should have been above the 4k Tv show list.

If missing they may have been working on the list when you got on the list.

Check the app again later.
Regular Contributor

Several days ago there was a Rio Preview icon acove the 4K TV show list, but it went away shortly after I watched it.  I expect that there will be another icon as soon as there is something to watch.

CIAO!

Ed N.
Problem Solver

MullenCC:

You were correct about the search field on Samsung UHD (smart TV).

The search is a "left string" search actually taking place on the Internet. Any typo sends the search south. Depending how far you get on your entry determines how many choices show up on this. Per earlier reply finding the app listed around 80th choice.

What I meant to say is that typing "Ultra HD Sampler" adequately as shown would have found the app on first screen. You did however; solve the OP's problem and a few others, and that's all that really matters. The app resides on the Comcast computer and it is hard to fathom why some of their employees deny it.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation