Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

when streaming tv over internet 1/2 the time the auto- hide feature does not work.....why? how do I

New Poster

when streaming tv over internet 1/2 the time the auto- hide feature does not work.....why? how do I

how do I fix this?  using google chrome

Official Employee

Re: when streaming tv over internet 1/2 the time the auto- hide feature does not work.....why? how

gvrickj wrote:

how do I fix this?  using google chrome

Can you describe what you mean by "Auto hide feature"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: when streaming tv over internet 1/2 the time the auto- hide feature does not work.....why? how

The feature that is on the gear icon on the bottom right. Mine only auto-hides when the screen is NOT maximized. I have no idea why I keep on getting every stupid bug in your system, but I do. 

Contributor

I believe what you mean that while using Chrome and watching stream tv in fullscreen mode, the progress bar pops up without moving the mouse or touching the keyboard.  I've had this happen as well, and I just use Microsoft Edge to watch my xtv - no issues there.

In short, it's a known Chrome bug.

Contributor

So, the problem resolved itself. For a while. Now it's baaaack!

Since my descrption was "too vague" last time, I'll try again. When I maximize the screen, auto-hide doesn't work. Just why Comcats technicians don'y know the functions of the software they're supposed to fix, I do not know. So here's a screenshot, showing all the different controls that are supposed disappear within 3 seconds, as well as the pull-down menu for Auot-Hide. Basically, except for the pull-down menu, this is what my screen looks lke when I'm trying to watch the TV program on full screen (see first screenshot). Interestingly, if I left click on the screen, so that the the general chrome menu appears, and then autohide works (see second screenshot). The moment I close that menu, it stops.

Auto hide.jpgAuto hide 2.jpg

Problem Solver

Berger-Wolf wrote:

So, the problem resolved itself. For a while. Now it's baaaack!

Since my descrption was "too vague" last time, I'll try again. When I maximize the screen, auto-hide doesn't work. Just why Comcats technicians don'y know the functions of the software they're supposed to fix, I do not know. So here's a screenshot, showing all the different controls that are supposed disappear within 3 seconds, as well as the pull-down menu for Auot-Hide. Basically, except for the pull-down menu, this is what my screen looks lke when I'm trying to watch the TV program on full screen (see first screenshot). Interestingly, if I left click on the screen, so that the the general chrome menu appears, and then autohide works (see second screenshot). The moment I close that menu, it stops.

I see you have multiple Chrome extensions running in your browser (Flashcontrol, OneTab). Have you tried running in just a stock version of Chrome without any extensions?

Go to Chrome Settings (chrome://settings) and create a new "person" under "People", and don't turn on any extensions for that user. See if that helps.

Contributor

Well, that didn't help, but I discovered a solution while I was trying it out. When I created a new "person" and went to Xfinity, it told me that I needed to allow Flash to play. So I went to chrome://settings/content and changed the settings for Flash to "Allow sites to run Flash" (it was on "Ask first before running Flash (recommended)". It's working now (without shutting down any extensions), but I'll see if the problem doesn't come back.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation