Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

watchathon sweepstakes

Contributor

watchathon sweepstakes

I just got an email telling me that I won something through the Xfinity Watchathon Sweepstakes.  I know I entered but that was way back in April, I think.

The message had no links to click but has 3 pdf files, with a congratulations letter, an affadavit to sign & get notarized and the Official rules.

They have a list of winners of the 'binge box' which is what I won supposedly.

I googled the xfinity watchathon sweepstakes site & they have the same company listed who handled the promotion as in the email which is teamDigital.

I don't know how to make sure this is valid.  The affadavit wants social security number which I do NOT give out easily.

Thanks.

Problem Solver

Re: watchathon sweepstakes

If in doubt,  copy the email , with headers, and send to abuse@comcast.net with Phishing in the subject line.  

You are smart, not to follow through and send ssn..  Comcast NEVER asks for ssn in emails. 

ciao, bj

Contributor

Thanks, I did that.

I read in the rules that they do background checks on all winners.  I can understand with the big prizes like the $20,000 or trip prizes but this is a box of miscellaneous TV show-related goods.

Problem Solver

Let us know.

I still would want more than an email.  

Miscellaneous TV show-related goods???  

Problem Solver

The Binge Box prize has a retail value of $875:

Binge Box consisting of the following items: one (1) 64GB Mini Tablet, one (1) pair of JBL on-ear headphones, one (1) Game of Thrones® hoodie, one (1) Game of Thrones® mug, one (1) Game of Thrones® figurine by Funko, one (1) pair of STREET by 50™ In-Ear Headphones, one (1) Outlander t-shirt, one (1) bag of microwave popcorn, one (1) bag of licorice, one (1) box of Junior Mints, one (1) bag of Skittles, and an assortment of Watchathon branded items including one (1) each of the following: mobile device stand, Remix 200 high definition headphones, 14 oz. mug, fleece hoodie, pair of ankle socks and portable rechargeable power bank battery. ARV of each Daily Prize: $875.

That has to be declared as income through the IRS, that is why they want your SSN.  If the email you received is definitely from teamDigital and you want the prize, then don't sweat it.  They are the official administrators of the sweepstakes as stated in the the rules:

11. ADMINISTRATOR: teamDigital Promotions, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd, Bethel, CT 06801 www.teamDigital.com.

Congratulations on winning.

Contributor

I've not heard back from abuse@Comcast.com so I guess I'll pass on the prize which I think is from a legit source.guess I'll have to buy my own Skittkes Smiley Happy just don't know about giving up my Ssn.
Problem Solver

I don't remember how long it took for comcast to reply to me, but here is a snip of a recent reply:

phishing response.PNG

If you don't have this, here is a link to learn more  <click  ; and a link to Comcast's Security Chanel.

While I do hate to miss out on a "good deal", if it is a sponsored contest from comcast, there should be a better way to inform a potential winner.  

ciao, bj

Contributor

I got a similar automated reply to my message to them.

I agree, there should be a much better way to contact winners.  Since the sweepstakes was over in April, I'm guessing that there were more winners before me who didn't want to go through this.

Of course, if it HAD been the big prize, I would be trying harder to verify it.

Thanks!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation