Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

watch xfin tv on the road??

Valued Contributor

watch xfin tv on the road??

Hi my sister comes over once a week or so (i have ms its hard sometimes for me to go to her). She gets more channels then I do and we watch shows on her comcast acct while she is here with me on my net line.

It is now asking her to verify her address and acct becasue of service she is currently on.

ARe we not allowed to use her account when she is here with me?

She doesnt want to get in trouble just watch her and our shows while she is here.

I am only limited basic tho.

thanks Smiley Happy

Problem Solver

Re: watch xfin tv on the road??

She should be able to use her account wherever she is (in US at least), that's more or less the point of it all being available online and mobile devices.

Silver Problem Solver

I think Comcast is "updating" software again. That could be part of it. I have in the past at other locations I have wireless access been able to access my email with my email client. And some of the spots are not Comcast ISP.

Yesterday it would not work. This moring when I logged on to the Xfinitytv.net site it says I needed to complete my setup. My favorites channels were gone and when trying to set them up it said problems saving preferences.Also wants me to setup my Watchlist which is alredy done.

Even with the Homepass feature showing it didn't even know my area. Even after getting my favorites listed it still shows Profile Setup not complete. Cache has been cleared multiple times.

Glitch on their end hopefully.

Otherwise the "feature" to watch tv on your Comcast account while away from your home is no useless.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for info, prob right Smiley Happy It seems fine now. She just didnt wanna muck up her acct.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation