Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

warning on TV guide page

New Poster

warning on TV guide page

"Your timezone is not the same as the listings you're viewing.
Change your computer clock to change the grid."

This has been showing up ever since we went off daylight savings time on Nov 2nd.  My computer is showing the correct time and the guide is showing the correct channels and content.  Only the message is wrong.  How do I remove it? 

Problem Solver

Re: warning on TV guide page

@ twigaduma, you already read this on other msg, but for others reading, . . .

This seems to be a webPage/webSite deployment & script issue.

If you really don't want to see the orange (or red) Alert message, . . .

This works for me - Windows7 . . . open your PC clock, (on task bar), choose change date & time settings, then click change time zone, & untic "automatically adjust clock for daylight savings time".  Then refresh/ reload the tvguide page.

our PC clocks are already set for correct time, so that check box can remain unticked till March, when daylight savings changes again.   (Unless of course Comcast web deployments fixes the time zone detection & eventlisteners, etc, and then we'd want to set the PC clock time zone setting back to "auto adjust for DST".)

*note:  to the top right side of the channel matrix is a gear icon, & the lowest option should say "don't observe daylight saving time?",   if it instead indicates "adjust for DST"  tick the "zero" not  +1  or -1, and then reopen the tvlistings page again.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation