Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

unable to watch premium content on line

Contributor

unable to watch premium content on line

I HAD no problem loading and watching on line content.....HBO, Starz etc. I tried a few days ago and now all I get after the commercials is a black screen. Thanks for any help.   My Zip Code: 94565 My Cable Provider: Comcast Pittsburg Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: dvr akachas My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: My public IP address: 98.210.90.174 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; eSobiSubscriber 2.0.4.16; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 10.3 r181 Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript">// document.write('enabled'); // </script> enabled Cookies: enabled

Since leaving my original message and the info above I installed the Silverlite update. I am able to watch movies like old classics and tv. None of the HBO, Showtime, Starz movies load. I see the commercials and then a black screen.

Official Employee

Re: unable to watch premium content on line

catmand wrote:

I HAD no problem loading and watching on line content.....HBO, Starz etc. I tried a few days ago and now all I get after the commercials is a black screen. Thanks for any help.   My Zip Code: 94565 My Cable Provider: Comcast Pittsburg Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: dvr akachas My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: My public IP address: 98.210.90.174 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; eSobiSubscriber 2.0.4.16; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 10.3 r181 Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript">// document.write('enabled'); // </script> enabled Cookies: enabled

Since leaving my original message and the info above I installed the Silverlite update. I am able to watch movies like old classics and tv. None of the HBO, Showtime, Starz movies load. I see the commercials and then a black screen.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I tried Chrome........same thing, commercials but no movies.

Official Employee

catmand wrote:

I tried Chrome........same thing, commercials but no movies.

Do you have any anti-virus software installed?

If so, your settings may be too strict. Please make sure you are allowing xfinitytv.com to pass through your firewall.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

i WAS able to watch these just a few weeks ago. I haven't changed any settings on the computer. I am able to watch old classics like "Birth of a Nation".......would the security settings be different just to watch the HBO Showtime Starz ect.?

Contributor

I checked the firewall etc. should be no problem.

Official Employee

catmand wrote:

I checked the firewall etc. should be no problem.

Try installing the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight (version 5) and then try watching videos again:

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Queue

Search TV & Movies

My Device Information
My Zip Code: 94565 My Cable Provider: Comcast Pittsburg Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: dvr akachas My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: My public IP address: 98.210.90.174 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; eSobiSubscriber 2.0.4.16; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 10.3 r181 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled

Installed upgrade stillo HBO or premium content viewable.

Official Employee

catmand wrote:

Queue

Search TV & Movies

My Device Information
My Zip Code: 94565 My Cable Provider: Comcast Pittsburg Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: dvr akachas My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: My public IP address: 98.210.90.174 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; eSobiSubscriber 2.0.4.16; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 10.3 r181 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled

Installed upgrade stillo HBO or premium content viewable.

You may be running your browser in 64-bit mode. Here is a list of operating systems/browser combinations that videos will work in 64-bit mode:

Window 7 Service Pack 1/IE9

Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1/IE8 and IE9

If your specifications do not match the one’s above, then you must run Internet Explorer in 32-bit mode.

To run your browser in 32-bit mode:

1. Right click on the desktop.

2. Click on New, and then click on Shortcut.

3. Once you click on Shortcut, you will get a box as Type the location of the item.

4. Type the following command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

5. Click next and finish the process.

Now you can run Internet Explorer in 32-bit. Just double-click the shortcut you created to open IE in 32-bit mode.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation