Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

silverlight error 634

New Poster

silverlight error 634

I'm trying to livestream CNN and getting a silverlight error 634. Is there a fix?

New Poster

Re: silverlight error 634

This has not worked in a year.  I think xfinity streaming is a bust.  Try another provider.

Problem Solver

Have you made sure you have the latest Silverlight installed? http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

New Poster

I am getting the same error 634 with CNN (I have not tried other sources yet).  I do have the latest version of Silverlight and have followed the instructions to dump the plugin and re-install with no difference regarding getting the error 634.  I am running OSX 10.6.8 which is supposed to be compatible with Silverlight.

Any other suggestions?

Where is a response from Comcast?

Tony

Regular Visitor

I finally was able to resolve this error by using the Netflix fix. It is an issue with resident files from Silverlight. Once I tossed the files and reopened my browser, fresh files were created and it fixed both my Xfinity 634 and Netflix Player Error N8156 6013 problem. The problem generally happens when you restore/recover/migrate a system or OS to a different machine or drive.

Bottom line is you need to close your browser and remove this file 'mspr.hds' in the PlayReady folder. (hardisk/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Playready/mspr.hds) I actually tossed the entire PlayReady folder and all restored when I opened the browser back up and went to NFlix or XFinity

==

https://support.netflix.com/en/node/208

--

Flash

flashATcentrisityDOTcom

New Poster

I, too, fixed it by going to the netflix site and clicking ont he Microsift "FixIt" icon to use the Silverlight troubleshooting tool.  THANK YOU!  Now why the heck couldn't Comcast point us to the Microsoft Silverlight Fix It tool?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation