Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

silverlight Plugin

Frequent Visitor

silverlight Plugin

Still no luck with the Silverlight video playback issue. I am running 64 bit vista home. I try to load 64 bit silverlight and I am told it is not compatible. I try to load the 32 bit and it says it not compatible or it allows the download but says it is not compatible with a the browser I have. I have installed and uninstalled both silverlight and ie9 multiple times. This is frustrating and stupid. My browser worked fine until last week.

Do you have anything that remotely might work as a solution. Why pay for Xfinity when I cannot stream movies and shows to my browser??

I did nothing to my computer except react when I received an error message from you the vendor. What are you going to do to fix this? Dumping me off on Microsoft, home of the world's worst customer service, is not a solution, its a dodge. Perhaps they can come up with a fix that you can then pass on to me the consumer.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: silverlight Plugin

handmc wrote:

Still no luck with the Silverlight video playback issue. I am running 64 bit vista home. I try to load 64 bit silverlight and I am told it is not compatible. I try to load the 32 bit and it says it not compatible or it allows the download but says it is not compatible with a the browser I have. I have installed and uninstalled both silverlight and ie9 multiple times. This is frustrating and stupid. My browser worked fine until last week.

Do you have anything that remotely might work as a solution. Why pay for Xfinity when I cannot stream movies and shows to my browser??

I did nothing to my computer except react when I received an error message from you the vendor. What are you going to do to fix this? Dumping me off on Microsoft, home of the world's worst customer service, is not a solution, its a dodge. Perhaps they can come up with a fix that you can then pass on to me the consumer.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

The information you requested is below.

The movie url is http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/J.-Edgar/216498/2265237950/J.-Edgar-%28HBO%29/videos

below is the error message I have been getting.

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

Currently installed silverlight

version 5 for 32 bit. When I download the 64 bit it says it is not compatible.

Provider is Comcast (Pottstown)

Account zip is 19465

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 68.80.25.128 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC1; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Sep 5 18:49:55 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Wed Sep 5 18:49:47 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, g, ak, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, br, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bk, bp, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
Official Employee

handmc wrote:

The information you requested is below.

The movie url is http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/J.-Edgar/216498/2265237950/J.-Edgar-%28HBO%29/videos

below is the error message I have been getting.

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

Currently installed silverlight

version 5 for 32 bit. When I download the 64 bit it says it is not compatible.

Provider is Comcast (Pottstown)

Account zip is 19465

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 68.80.25.128 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC1; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Sep 5 18:49:55 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Wed Sep 5 18:49:47 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, g, ak, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, br, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bk, bp, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False

Try using a different web browser like Google Chrome or FireFox and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I installed and tried both firefox and chrome. uninstalled silverlight and reinstalled it each time with each different application just to see if that made a difference. It did not.

Official Employee

handmc wrote:

I installed and tried both firefox and chrome. uninstalled silverlight and reinstalled it each time with each different application just to see if that made a difference. It did not.

Uninstall it again.

Then download and install Silverlight from the link below. This is a patched version of Silverlight that is required for videos to work:

Windows users 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation