Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

sign in new device evy time?? why?

ANSWERED
Valued Contributor

sign in new device evy time?? why?

Note> I did not mark this solved ? But I guess comcast says you must keep cookies so thats why they marked it but I have two issues here.     This site to watch tv and shows is really problematic, it used to let me sign in on comcast.net page for all and then not ask fo device name now its asking for device name every time and not letting me sign in on it next time same device (which is my pc all we have no devices really) then it keeps me signed in on main page (cant sign out even w/ all cookies dumped and ccleaner) This is a mess.   I need to use the site but people say if it keeps asking for devices I will run out...its one pc desktop dumb site.  What to do??? Not being able to sign out is really annoying too it cont greets me by name cant sign out but still wants me sign in w/ device when I click tv.   What if I share this pc and dont want anyone seeing the greeting w/ my name when Ive signed out!!!???  Its win 7 firfox , Ie, and opera all of them! why?

Accepted Solution

Re: sign in new device evy time?? why?

tvaholic7 wrote:

thanks Smiley Happy But yeah I do have cookies set to fully clear all everything.  To clarify this is on xfinity.net home page that this keeps popping up. It is seemingly stuck on our one account it cont' says hello "..." even after clicking sign out.    ( I even ran a cleaner to fully delete cookies ccleaner to no avail) this is only site that is doing this on all three browsers.   AND it gives no option to choose the device name over just keeps asking for names its crazy.   How does one get the thing to stop asking to name a new device?   If the answer is not to dump cookies I cant do that.  But obviously it makes no diff in this case.   ( It may let me do other email havent dug up pw yet have it all fwd to this acct)

You need to allow cookies for this to work properly. There is no other mechanism in place for us to remember your device name otherwise.

View answer in context
Official Employee

tvaholic7 wrote:

This site to watch tv and shows is really problematic, it used to let me sign in on comcast.net page for all and then not ask fo device name now its asking for device name every time and not letting me sign in on it next time same device (which is my pc all we have no devices really) then it keeps me signed in on main page (cant sign out even w/ all cookies dumped and ccleaner) This is a mess.   I need to use the site but people say if it keeps asking for devices I will run out...its one pc desktop dumb site.  What to do??? Not being able to sign out is really annoying too it cont greets me by name cant sign out but still wants me sign in w/ device when I click tv.   What if I share this pc and dont want anyone seeing the greeting w/ my name when Ive signed out!!!???  Its win 7 firfox , Ie, and opera all of them! why?

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I haven't heard of issues with signing-out (usually just signing in). If you delete your cookies, you will see the experience that you are.

Last week, we added a "Keep me signed in" checkbox on the sign-in page for tv.xfinity.com.  Try going to that page first and signing in from there (and check the box).  If you "Sign Out" it should remove your name from the navigation. Curious why it is not but may be a cookie issue based on your settings.

I cleared all devices off your account (PCs count as "devices" in this regard) so you won't run into any issues in the short-term. Separate browsers will usually appear as separate devices as well.

Hope this help,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

thanks Smiley Happy But yeah I do have cookies set to fully clear all everything.  To clarify this is on xfinity.net home page that this keeps popping up. It is seemingly stuck on our one account it cont' says hello "..." even after clicking sign out.    ( I even ran a cleaner to fully delete cookies ccleaner to no avail) this is only site that is doing this on all three browsers.   AND it gives no option to choose the device name over just keeps asking for names its crazy.   How does one get the thing to stop asking to name a new device?   If the answer is not to dump cookies I cant do that.  But obviously it makes no diff in this case.   ( It may let me do other email havent dug up pw yet have it all fwd to this acct)

Official Employee

tvaholic7 wrote:

You need to allow cookies for this to work properly. There is no other mechanism in place for us to remember your device name otherwise.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

Well confused not really solved ?  Still greeting me when cookie'd out, sign out it bounces back to hello. My cookies are set to empty all on all browsers and its still keeping me signed in, I know this sounds like user error but Im pretty good w/this stuff and its not me.      About cookies and website... How about an app for devices portable kind so not hassle w/ desktop, I guess it cant tell? (other sites do tho)    Im sorry just frustrated as heck.  I guess since someone marked it solved it means live w/ it  Smiley Sad  Guess need seperate post for keeps me signed in eh?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation