Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

shockwave flash crashes on my chromebook when trying to watch a show

New Poster

shockwave flash crashes on my chromebook when trying to watch a show

Out of the blue my shockwave flash crashes when trying to watch a show on xfinity using my chromebook. I have done the following with no results:

reset cache, cookies

reset flash websites

hard reset chromebook

powerwashed chromebook

deleted Flash licenses

Reset settings

Browsed as a guest

I only have 1 version of Flash on my chromebook

I'm out of ideas.

New Poster

Re: shockwave flash crashes on my chromebook when trying to watch a show

Same issue here. Took the same steps to resolve to no avial.

Regular Visitor

same prob on my CB completely frustrated

New Poster

on chromeboox and chromebox

Regular Visitor

Only on xfinity website no prob w Hulu others
Regular Visitor

New Poster

Having the same issue since Tuesday of last week.  Anyone find any fixes?

Regular Visitor

Yes continuously failed Tuesday of last week on with Chromebook f Xfinity
New Poster

I am having the EXACT issue. I just got xfinity so this is super frustrating!

I just want to watch some TV!!!!! ):

New Poster

I am experiencing the same issue. It is a very recent problem. Does it have something to do with chrome OS? or perhaps comcast changed something? This is very inconvinient and annoying. Any help would be great.

New Poster

Well as frustrated as I am that this problem has been happing for the last week after trying countless ways to self-fix, I am glad it is not just me or my chromebook...which i love

Regular Visitor

Comcast needs to address this don't think it is Chromebook hardware problem
New Poster

bummer same issue. 

New Poster

Same issue and have also reset. Contacted chrome support last week and was told they have been contacted numerous times regaurding and have found no errors on their end. Have been waiting a week for comcast to fix.  Very frustrating to find comcast has not yet fixed or even given an update on the fix. This is not the first time comcast has had this same issue.

New Poster

Same issues ... Seems to be strictly a Comcast issue ...I've had no issues with Hulu and no issues with streaming episodes directly from Bravo which you need to be signed into Comcast to steam episodes....

I've reset everything also - powerwashed etc 

New Poster

Same issues, no resolutions or even acknowledgment of a problem. Spent three hours with Comcast and Chromebook agents this morning to no avail. Frustrated!

New Poster

Me too. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago. Comcast joe? What's up? 

New Poster

Great, I'm not the only one!

Not so great: Comcast probably doesn't care. It's obvious that it's something they changed, since I (like others) have no problem streaming from other online services on my Chromebox. It's ONLY Streampix that's crashing. 

Now...what can we do about it?

New Poster

Count me as one more with the shockwave constant crash issue on xfinity, like others - not an issue on other video sites....

Regular Visitor

Not crashing with Chromebook update August 3rd seems to have resolved problem
New Poster

Mine works too now. I am guessing Google fixed it? Comcast seemed to be ignoring the problem, but maybe they were working on it in background with Google...??

Frequent Visitor

I use a Chromebox.  On an escalated ticket Comcast resolved two issues for me.  My problem was not identical to yours; however I have experienced Shockwave Flash crashes many time.  I actually had two problems.  First, I originally had a DRM problem due to a default setting in Adobe.  Adobe set the default, not Comcast.  My viewing license for X1 Live TV was lost due to the Adobe default.  Comcast has corrected the license problem for me and hopefully for many of you.  Finding the source  of the problem was not easy.  DRM is not simple.

Some of my live online viewing problems remain. These are resolved, but not solved. 

Three companies are directly involved in Protected Content; Google, Adobe and Comcast.  Google has an exculsive license for all  Flash support of Linux.  Google embeds Flash-Linux  in Chrome OS. This allows Google to be a strong competitor in operating systems.  Protected Content originates from producers, i.e., NBC.  Currently I can access Live TV on my Chromebox.  I can watch Live TV on some channels, but not others.  I do not know the details concerning why that happens.  

The Comcast resolution of my second problem is below.  It is quoted except that I removed the salutation and the name of a person in the support group.  This resolution is from the top, Office of Tom Karinshak.  You may contact the executive support staff here   http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/vp-contact-form.  Be polite to them.  They do not control the world of DRM.

Here is the quote:

"I looked into the ESL ticket and I see that our ACES team contacted you to discuss the website issues that you were having for live streaming, and they left a note of the discussion that transpired today.  

Due to using a Google Chromebox to stream online videos on your TV screen, the ACES team diagnosed and concluded that the Google Chromebox is not compatible with their website to stream videos with that device, and they also advised that a Windows device or an Apple device would work best so you can effectively use our live streaming service and/or mobile applications without any issues.

I trust that the information that they have given you has helped to bring light to this situation and, at this time, the ESL ticket has been labeled as resolved per our Regional Team.

Regards,

Office of Tom Karinshak"

The End

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats