Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

samsung galaxy tab 7 plus no settings/options button

Regular Visitor

samsung galaxy tab 7 plus no settings/options button

i have a samsung galaxy tab 7 plus. Installed the xfinity tv app from android market. Works great except there are no options? Where can i change the tv source, etc. On my galaxy 10.1 the options are on the left in a bar, but nada on the 7inch.

So i can't change to TV 1 or DVR 1 since there is no option/settings button...hmm...anyone know if i'm missing something? Do i need to toss it in a blender, shake it up a bit...

Silver Problem Solver

Re: samsung galaxy tab 7 plus no settings/options button

the xfinity tv app allows you to manage your dvr if you have a motorola or pace dvr and have it set up or change channles nothing more.   What version of android are you running onthe 7?

Regular Visitor

I'm referring to the menu with the options. Where are they on smaller screens? This is what I see on the 10.1 inch galaxy tab, but on the 7 inch tab, this area is missing and as a result i cannot change the source; i.e. choose from one of the three boxes.

To be clear, this is the xfinity tv app, not the mobile app.

SC20111226-164618.jpg

Silver Problem Solver

thats a great pic of what your referring to. I wish more people had the savy to post that.  I really have no idea about that.  Are you sure there are no scroll bars anywhere on the screen to access that.  I am having a hard time trying to figure out why people want to change channels with their tablets.  I have all the apps all the tablets and never once used them to tune to a channel or set a recording.  My son likes it because he thinks its cool I just use the remote.

Regular Visitor

I know what u mean, using the remote was fine with me...until i started using this app Smiley Happy

It's awesome on the 10.1 tab, being able to scoll through the listing or search is just too nice, spoiled now. 

But as far as the 7inch tab, i've tried swiping everywhere with no luck, even used a stylist to precision tap along the edges. It's just really odd, i don't see the developers leaving out the ability to change what tv you want to contol. When i set it up, it recognized the 2 regular boxes and the one dvr. But the drv is on the third slot and this is the dilema, it's defaulting to the 1st slot. Just has me scratchin my head at this point.

New Poster

Why is Xfinity Mobile App incapatable with Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 plus? 

Frequent Visitor

I have the exact same problem on my Galaxy tab 2 7.0.   Tried reporting to Comcast, got the stock nonsense, reinstall app etc. They need to fix this problem.

Frequent Visitor

Bump

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation