Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

replaced DVR now recordings from tv-listings website always go to wrong DVR

Frequent Visitor

replaced DVR now recordings from tv-listings website always go to wrong DVR

I recently replaced a defective Motorola DCH3416 DVR with a DVR that is labeled with a Motorola logo and RNG200N on the front.  I believe this is really a Motorola DCX3501 DVR.

We currently have 2 DVRs an older DCX3400 DVR and the DCX3501.  They are both selectable and visible in the TV listings and DVR manager websites.  Every time I try to schedule a recording on the new DVR (with the dropdown box set to the name of the new DVR) it says it is sending it to the name of the older DVR and it it indeed schedules the recording on the wrong DVR.   The new DVR appears to work correctly when I test it from the DVR Manager.  You can see shows that are already scheduled to record (which had to be scheduled manually using the remote control due to this problem).  You can even change channels on the DVR from the tv listings page. From the DVR settings page it is set as the default and the show name on tv and the show next 5 recordings tests work.

I have already tried comcast support both the live chat with support and via phone.    They sent a reset to the box and did a lot of passing me around and escalation to other support departments but so far no solution.

Can someone at Comcast start investigating this? Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: replaced DVR now recordings from tv-listings website always go to wrong DVR

how long has it been since you  got the new dvr?  it takes a few days for it to be added to your account correctly and for the dvr manager to get set up.   question how can it send it to the old dvr if you don't have the old dvr?  You need to re-do the dvr manager set up.   go to the box menu for the new dvr in the settings menu look for remote access set up.  In there there should have been a code given to you to enter.  If it says delete in there you can go ahead and delete the set up and try again.   Also what you can try is click the tv tab top of this page, on the next page you will see a wheel on the bottom right corner  click that.  Under manage cable boxes and dvr's see what's listed there. 

Frequent Visitor

It was replaced on Monday.  By old DVR I did not mean the DCH3416 that was replaced and I no longer have.   I meant our second older DCX3400 DVR.  That is the DVR that it keeps sending recordings to.  The Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs screen looks fine and is the same screen that I mentioned "show name on tv" and "show next 5 recordings" in my original post.  Both DVRs show up there fine and those tests work.

I agree it would be good to wait a couple of days for everything to sync up before trying to delete any remote access setup.  I suspect this is some problem on the Comcast end and not the DVR end.   Perhaps the newness of the Motorola RNG200N/DCX3501 is the issue and they haven't solved all the tv listings website scheduling system bugs yet.  Why would only the record popup ignore its own dropdown box and schedule the recording to the wrong DVR, when every other feature seems to work?   I was also able to cancel a (manually) scheduled recording on the new DVR using DVR Manager.

Silver Problem Solver

I saw another person had an issue with a 3501 they are taking longer to be able to be set on dvr manager.

Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Can a moderator please move this thread over to the "XfinityTV Website" section because I think it is a problem with the Online TV Listings and my new dvr box.

Frequent Visitor

Update:  I just scheduled a recording from the TV Listings web page and it went to the wrong DVR as previously described.   Next I went to DVR Manager and looked at the Scheduled Recordings in the wrong DVR and it was there as previously described.    I noticed after expanding it there is  a dropdown box that says Record on DVR and I selected the new DVR with that and it sucessfully moved the recording to the new dcx3501 DVR.  Now if it can do that the problem clearly lies with that small record pop up of the XFinity TV Website.   There is most likely some bug in that part of the page related to the new dvr that needs to be fixed by XFinity TV's web page support.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem for the last two weeks - prior to that, everything worked fine.  I have two DVRs and it will only send recordings to my DVR labeled "family room" no matter if I select the other DVR.  As you found, if you go to DVR manager, you can successfully move the recording from one DVR to the other.  Although this tedious process works with my Windows computer, I can't get it to work at all from my Apple computer (it keeps going to the activate DVR webpage which I do, and then when I go back to listings and try to record, it does the same) and on the Apple, DVR manager won't even show scheduled recordings on one of the DVRs.  Hopefully Comcast will fix this soon.

Regular Contributor

This is my same problem I mentioned in a thread I started a few days ago.  Comcast this is a real annoying problem and has only occurred during the last few weeks.  Please fix this!!

All recordings go to my Family Room DVR even though I specify Downstairs DVR. 

Frequent Visitor

I just found out that when I schedule a series recording from the TV Listings website with the "Rec Series" button it does send it to the new primary DVR.  It is only the "Record" button for a single show that won't send to the new DVR and always sends to the older secondary DVR no matter which DVR is selected.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation