Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

recorded bengals vikings changed in the middle of the game

Regular Visitor

recorded bengals vikings changed in the middle of the game

I set up to record the Bengals/Vikings game this morning. As I was watching it switched to the Saints/Jets game. The same thing happened last week on CBS. Is this a problem with CBS or with Comcast?

Official Employee

Re: recorded bengals vikings changed in the middle of the game

Moonguide wrote:

I set up to record the Bengals/Vikings game this morning. As I was watching it switched to the Saints/Jets game. The same thing happened last week on CBS. Is this a problem with CBS or with Comcast?

It's your local CBS affiliate. When games are blowouts, they'll switch to a different game.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Moonguide wrote:

It's your local CBS affiliate. When games are blowouts, they'll switch to a different game.

Except in the home market of one of the two teams.

Problem Solver

studolgon wrote:

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Moonguide wrote:

Except in the home market of one of the two teams.

We were watching the game live here in the Twin Cities. I was away from the tv for a minute or two. Came back and found the Saints / Jets game on. It took another minute or two before our local CBS channel got the Vikings game back on. A CBS network snafu. I thought the Comcast box switched me to the Fox channel, until I found out I was still on CBS channel.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation