Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"free to me" isn't really free

New Poster

"free to me" isn't really free

hello all,

i've come mostly to share my frustrations with XFINITY, since there's no email option and i don't have the patience to be redirected 17 times on a phone call. i also occasionally visit the forums here and see that actual employees participate in discussions. this... is awesome.

i moved back in august of this year, and got a new X1 box as part of that because apparently the box i had prior was a "new york" box, and i had access to channels that i "wasn't supposed to".

i was able to regain access to some of those same channels, as well as ones that were originally in the package i had, as these channels were unavailable and required a subscription here at my new address. no big deal.

now, my issue is with the "free to me" sort/list that started showing up last month sometime(?).

the majority of these channels show to require a subscripton... despite... being shown in the... "free to me" list.

the expectation that is set with this particular sorting is that the channels in this particular list are, indeed... free... to me.

... however, this expectation is not met.

i've contacted customer support twice on the matter. a "UDB refresh" was performed the first time, and i was assured that the channels i specified were originally unavailable, were part of my package. the represenative said that in about an hour or so, those channels would be available – they weren't available even the next day.

the second time i contacted customer support, i was then advised that those same channels were actually NOT part of my package... which... invalidates what the previous representative told me. i was, however, appeased (or at least, this representative tried to do so) by being offered a promo package, which i politely declined.

i'm perturbed; my feedback to XFINITY is in the form of a question: what is the point of pretty much all channels being a part of the "free to me" channel list/sorting, if i'm only allowed access to the channels that are part of my package? the logic for that list should be redefined to only show channels that are part of a subscriber's package... in retrospect, there would be no point of the "free to me" list, i reckon. huh.

the potential for continuing service with XFINITY next year is quickly decreasing, on account of happenings such as this.

Official Employee

Re: "free to me" isn't really free

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation