Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"Watch in HD" message - need to remove

Regular Contributor

"Watch in HD" message - need to remove

Ever since I got my new cable box, whenever I change channel (and other times, such as a new program on the hour or pressing "Info"), a "Watch in HD" message comes up.  If I accidentally hit "OK" during it, it tries to go to the HD channel.

However, I do not have HD service (which makes sense, since I don't have an HD TV) and the HD channels only provide audio, not video from this box (they provided nothing from my previous box).

If I enter a channel number too slowly and press OK, it picks up that HD option and switches to HD -- really annoying!  This is a REALLY bad design.

There should be a way to turn this off (Setup?) but if so, I can't find it.

Official Employee

Re: "Watch in HD" message - need to remove

CactusThorn wrote:

Ever since I got my new cable box, whenever I change channel (and other times, such as a new program on the hour or pressing "Info"), a "Watch in HD" message comes up.  If I accidentally hit "OK" during it, it tries to go to the HD channel.

However, I do not have HD service (which makes sense, since I don't have an HD TV) and the HD channels only provide audio, not video from this box (they provided nothing from my previous box).

If I enter a channel number too slowly and press OK, it picks up that HD option and switches to HD -- really annoying!  This is a REALLY bad design.

There should be a way to turn this off (Setup?) but if so, I can't find it.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. We need to get you a non-HD cable box or add the HD rate code to your account to make this feature "go away" or "work as designed". I have asked a colleague to review and work with you to make that happen. Thanks for your patience.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: "Watch in HD" message - need to remove

Hello CactusThorn, I am more than happy to assist you with getting this issue taken care of. First I will need to verify your account and we can talk more about your options, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation